Chapter 1: Identity Reveal

Start from the beginning

"Chat isn't like that." Marinette started, "He and I are a team. We always have each other's backs." she removed her hands from Kagami's to place them on her shoulders. She scooted forward, closer towards Kagami, "Please. Trust me. I will be careful."

Tikki nodded, "I promise to keep her safe."

Kagami let out a groan, "This is a lot to take in."

Marinette replied by pulling Kagami into a hug, her arms wrapped around the girl's shoulders. Kagami soon returned the hug, her arms made their way around Marinette's waist. It was quite an uncomfortable position, but Kagami needed this right now.

"Marinette is strong." Tikki informed floating up off the bed, "One of the strongest people I have ever met. With or without Chat Noir, she can handle anything!"

Marinette blushed, "Tikki..." she groaned into Kagami's neck. Pulling back, Marinette kept her face close to Kagami's, "Please trust me. I don't want you getting into any sort of danger."

"So I'm just supposed to sit back and watch, knowing that my girlfriend is out there in danger herself?"

Marinette's blush deepened, "Er... Yes. Well. I promise to call you before I go into any battle with one of Hawk Moth's or Mayura's villains. And if it's absolutely necessary, I promise that I will come and get you. And give you back your Miraculous."

Tikki wasn't fond of this, but she decided to go along with it, "Only if it's necessary." she confirmed with a nod.

"You'll be the first person I come to for help, Kagami." she smiled, one of her hands moved from Kagami's shoulder to her cheek, "You trust me, right?"

A small smile appeared on Kagami's face, "You know I do. I always have."

Marinette suddenly realised how close her face was to Kagami's, her heartbeat quickened as she backed away immediately, "I... I think we should head to bed, yeah?" Considering Marinette's bed was quite small for two people, she had made a make-shift bed on the floor with many blankets and pillows. She was about to stand up form the bed before she was dragged back down by Kagami. Marinette's eyes widened as she felt Kagami's lips against hers.

Tikki scoffed, "Get a room, you two." she joked.

Kagami looked away once they pulled apart.

"I'm sorry." Marinette finally whispered, pecking Kagami on the lips once more, "I should've told you. I do trust you. I never wanted to hurt you or make you feel upset-"

"Marinette." Kagami said, placing a finger to Marinette's lips, "It's okay. No need to apologize. I understand. I'll always love you, no matter what. I promise I will never tell another soul that you're Ladybug." she assured.

A soft smile graced Marinette's face as Kagami retracted her finger, "Thank you, Kagami. I love you, too." she stood up, "I'm just gonna go get us something to drink. Why don't you get ready for bed whilst I'm gone?"

Kagami nodded up at her, "Good idea."

The smile remained on Marinette's face as she left the room, heading down towards the kitchen.

Once Marinette disappeared, Kagami moved to sit on the edge of the bed: her head came down to rest in her hands.

"Are you okay, Kagami?" Tikki asked, worried. She flew over to her.

Looking up, Kagami nodded, "Yes. I... I'm just worried."

"I understand." Tikki replied, "But you can trust her. Marinette might be clumsy but she's smart. She would never put herself in and unnecessary danger. She talks about you a lot when you're not here, you know? Always going on about how cute you are and how tough you are. She would never do anything to come between you two."

"Thank you... Tikki, was it?"

Tikki nodded, "Yes. My name is Tikki. It's nice to meet you, Kagami."

"It's nice to meet you, too, Tikki." Kagami smiled, giving the Kwami a nod.

-x-

"So... That's a no on me getting the Dragon Miraculous back, right?" Kagami questioned as Marinette cuddled into her.

Marinette rolled her eyes, "Shut up, Kagami. Go to sleep." her arm draped over the girl.

"I'll let Longg know that you miss him." Tikki said from the other side of the room.

"Tell him I'll see him soon."

"What makes you think that I will give you the Miraculous?" Marinette questioned as she yawned.

"You can't say no to me."

Marinette giggled, "One day." she assured, "Now. Sleep."

Kagami smiled down at the girl in her arms, "Okay, Ladybug."

A groan emitted from Marinette as she buried her face into Kagami's shirt.

Tikki laughed at the interaction. She knew that Kagami was good for Marinette. And she also knew that one day, Kagami would be able to fight by Marinette's side once again.