Chapter 1: Identity Reveal

Start from the beginning

"I don't need a lecture tonight, Tikki. Yes. I know I was irresponsible with the Lucky Charm but it worked out, didn't it?" she threw her arms into the air as she spoke to Tikki.

Tikki insisted, "Marinette-!"

Kagami's hand shook as she continued to hold the hatch up above her head, shock washed over her quickly.

"Yes, I promise I will tell Chat Noir not to flirt with me anymore next time I see him!"

"Mari-!" Tikki said, annoyance in her voice.

"I don't want to jeopardize what me and Kagami have. He needs to back off."

"Marinette!" she said, more firmly.

Marinette raised an eyebrow at her Tikki, "What?"

Tikki pointed her small arm towards the hatch, a worried look was on her face.

Marinette slowly turned her head, her eyes widened as she saw what Tikki was talking about, "K-Kagami?" she squeaked, "I I I I- H-How long have you been there?!" she said, clearly panicked.

Kagami immediately retreated down the stairs, the hatch slamming shut above her.

"Wait, Kagami!" Marinette called after her, opening the hatch and following, "Please wait!" she spoke, loudly. But hopefully not loud enough to cause her parents to wake up.

Tikki zoomed ahead to stop in front of Kagami's face, causing the girl to come to a halt, "I know this is a lot to take in, Kagami! But you need to listen!"

Kagami assumed that this was a Kwami. Marinette's Kwami. Marinette had a Kwami. Marinette was Ladybug.

Marinette was Ladybug.

"Y-You're-" Kagami gulped loud, looking over her shoulder to look at Marinette, "You're..."

With a guilty smile, Marinette nodded, "Yes. Please don't go, Kagami. Let me explain." she placed a hand on Kagami's arm to turn her around. Grabbing Kagami's hand, Marinette looked into her eyes, "I'm a complete idiot, Kagami. You weren't supposed to find out." she finally muttered.

"You were reckless." Tikki hummed as she floated over towards the pair.

Kagami was still in shock after the recent experience, "I-I... I think I need to sit down."

"Yeah, sure." Marinette nodded, leading her over to the bed. They both sat down, facing each other. Tikki followed and sat by Marinette, facing Kagami. The three sat in silence... Kagami's eyes focused on her hand in Marinette's, resting on the bed sheets. Marinette squeezed her hand, "I want you to know that I kept this from you for a reason."

"You don't trust me." Kagami said, out of nowhere.

"It's not like that! If I didn't trust you, then I wouldn't have given you the Dragon Miraculous!" Marinette assured, quickly grabbing her other hand, "It was for your own safety. If Hawk Moth ever found out that you were Ladybug's girlf-" she paused, her mouth clamped shut. She had never called Kagami her girlfriend before. It had been a secret between the pair for the past six months - and she wasn't sure how comfortable Kagami was with it.

Sighing, Kagami shook her head, "I... I don't even know how to feel about this, Mari..." she looked up, "You're Ladybug. You're out there risking your life."

"I want to protect you, Kagami." she said, sincerely.

"I..." Kagami paused, thinking hard, "I want to help you. Give me the Dragon Miraculous, Marinette."

"You know she can't do that." Tikki chimed in.

"I can't sit here everyday on my own now that I know you're Ladybug, Marinette. What if something happens to you and Chat isn't there to save you? You and I both know how unreliable he can be at times."