Chapter 2

Recap:

I finished the song and saw my son peacefully sleeping at my lap with a smile on his adorable face.

Now that he has grown, he looks like a split image of Jack.

Jack, if only I could find where the world has put you.

"(Y/n) it's time to go."- I heard Leo said at the back

I only hummed in response and stroke Jake's fluffy cheecks.

'I promise I will find your father, Jake.'

***(Y/N)'s Pov***

"Mommy look!"

Jake called out to me and I looked at him as I finished putting some human meat inside the fridge.

I saw him closed his eyes.

Hm?

Don't tell me..

As he opened them again revealing his right ghoul eye, a pair of tiny black and red wings sprout out of his back

I knew it!

"I finally got my wings mommy! Isn't it superduper cool?!"- he asks flapping his little wings, I giggled at my son's enthusiasm.

"Congratulations Baby! Now you can fly like mommy! Do you want me to teach you how to fly?"- I asked my son seeing his face lighten up more in excitement.

I washed my hands until the scent of blood was gone and dried them.

"Really, mommy?! You will teach Jake how to fly, mommy?!"- my son asked with his cute pair of hazel nut eyes, sparkling..

kawaii.. I can't believe I had such an adorable son..

"(Y/n), I don't think--"- I ignored Leo and carried Jake.

"Of course Darling! I'll teach you all what mommy can do, one by one, starting with the most easy thing to do and that is flying!"- I told him as I carried him outside to our garden at the back of our house.

I only hear Leo sighed and left to do some house chores.

Today's my only day off and a complete day with my son.

If anyone dares to interrup--"My lady, sorry for disturbing your moment with young master, but.."

It seems I spoke to soon.

I sighed and put Jake down,"Hey Darling I'm sorry but you'll have to wait for mommy, don't worry this will be quick."- I said and kissed his cheeck

He smiled and said,"It's okay mommy! I have Zero to play with me while mommy is busy."

I hugged him and watched as he go to our pet dog's house.

I sighed yet again, just when I finally had the time to enjoy a day with my son.

I turned to the masked executive and asked,"What seems to be the big trouble that causes you guys to ruin my day off, Ken?"

***Jake's Pov***

"Run faster Zero!"

I laughed when Zero can't catch me. We are playing tag and Zero is IT.

I'm a bit sad that mommy isn't here, but I understand mommy.

Big brother Leomord said that mommy is a Queen!

And that she leads a whole group of people!

My mommy is so beautiful, cool and strong!

Yet why is daddy not here?

Mommy said he left and promised to come back but he didn't.

And said that she's going to find him and bring him back.

But mommy is busy so she doesn't have the time to go look for daddy.

That's why I told mommy that I will find daddy so that mommy will be very happy.

As I was thinking all of this, I realize that I was running too long and stopped.

I looked around me, there were big trees everywhere and saw that Zero was not chasing me anymore.

"Zero?"- I called out to him

But he did not answer.

Oh no, I'm lost.

But for some reason I don't feel scared at all.

Is it because I'm half ghoul?

If I can't go back, mommy will realise I'm not there and will be very worried.

I don't want mommy to be worried about me, I'm a big boy now! I'll be fine.

Because I will find daddy.

But..

"Where shall I go first?"

I looked around me.

"All the trees are similar to each other. It's making my head dizzy."

I touched my head and lean down a big oak tree as I slid down and fell asleep on it.

***Back to (Y/n)'s Pov***

"We'll continue this tomorrow with everyone at the Spades, make sure to have everyone attended. You may go, now."- I told Ken as he bowed and left.

I got back at the garden and saw that the sky was already getting dark with the sun setting and saw Zero sleeping inside his shed.

Wait, wasn't he playing with Jake?!

"Jake?"- I called out looking every corner here at the garden

But I hear no answer.

Okay, calm down nerves..

Calm down.

Maybe he's just playing games, yes. That's it.

"Darling? Mommy's here now. You can come out now. Where are you? Jake?"- I asked calmly

But still..

no answer..

A gush of strong wind came from behind me, I turned to look at where the wind came from and saw the forest, just a few meters away from our garden.

And realization struck me pretty hard, my heart stopped a mere second and my blood had ran cold.

"No.. Jake.."

Someone's Pov

'The children's constant fighting and shouting are giving me headaches.'

I thought as I walked through my beloved forest.

I breathed deeply as I felt the forest's peacefulness.

The forest seems to ease my headache, which is good.

I strolled around for a few more minutes until my headache was no more.

'Time to go back and give them their rightful punishments.'

The sky was getting dark and I heard wolves howling.

Those creatures can be nasty at night time, but so are we.

Especially, them.

As I walked the way back to my mansion I heard an agonizing scream not too far away.

Hm. Pityful human.

'But who would go for a kill when I personally ordered all my pastas to stay put at the mansion?'

"Those children better not disappoint me, or their punishment will be tripled."

I thought as I teleported where the scream was, once I arrived..

There I saw a pool of blood surrounding the lifeless human's body as it was being devoured by a creature--no, this is not a creature but..

A ghoul.