Chapter 17

Ray POV

My face stung worse than a bee sting and the blood trickling tickled most of all. My hands were now tied to the side sof the bed and feet as well.

'It's not like I can even move with all this equipment surrounding me'

The two nurses I know despise me more than ever as they continued to sip their freshly brewed coffee behind me. The smell churned my stomach and reminded me of Pampa coffee shop where I met Hunter not that long ago.

'Where are you Hunter?'

I still remember the flour on his apron and nose, his blonde shaggy hair combed with gel to keep from interfering with his work.

My mother always said smells and objects bring upon memories of those who we truly love or hate. Obviously I can't hate Hunter...

"Raylynn...." A deep voice stirred me from my thoughts and from behind my bed walked a man dressed in a laboratory coat. A familiar teardrop tattoo caught my attention and immediately I knew who this was.

The Father.

"What do you want?" I demanded. Honestly at this point if I could reach my hands around his neck I would snap it.

"I am here to discuss the birthing process and your new role among the Barracks" He said emotionless as he clicked a pen in his hand. Out of his pocket a blue crummy notebook had notes written in it. "Let's begin"

"1. When the child is born you and the baby will live with me.

2.  There will be no more communication with anyone other than those I assign to you

3. You will be known from now as Atiya, a gift to me and this new world"

.......

My heart was racing, the pain that was coursing through my veins and skin was numbed due to my rage. How can someone like The Father even be real, how does this monster even exist.

Most importantly, how could my own father choose him over me or Tyler.

"NO" I screamed. That was all. "I will not be a 'gift to you' and I will not be apart of this hell-awful project you have created."

The Father stared at me, his blank expression changed to one of sadness. Sad? The Father sad?

"I was promised by everyone who has worked with you that you were already on board. This means I must take action into my own hands" 

I clenched my fists and screamed and blood hurdling scream, I felt tearing in my stomach which made me scream even harder. 

"SHUT HER UP" A female voice hollered from a speaker. The father with one slap with the back of his silenced me. 

"You will never own me, you cant have this body." I felt a rock hard substance in my mouth, as I spit it towards The Father I see a bloody tooth fly towards him.

"Yes I can, you don't have any control here Atiya." A female voice said, I assumed it to be one of the nurses. My arms began to be cold again and I see a clear liquid flowing into the IV.

"Night-Night my little Atiya and my future heir."