Jared's attentiveness lately made her realized what a precious gift Meme had given her. In return, she will safeguard what she has and be a wife that will suit his status.

An idea came into mind that made her turned to Jared, who is looking at her.

"What with that smile? You look as if you have found a treasure and will not share it. Admit it, you are thinking of me." Jared said softly so only she can hear.

"The conceitedness of this guy," She thought for herself.

She removed her hands from his clasp and then retorted. "Don't be too smug, remember you are under probation."

"Yes, my lady, your servant, will behave."

His words brought a smile to her face, and it was then she remembered her friends beside her. Good thing Nicole is also in conversation with Tess, but the questioning on Lizzy's eyes glued to them.

Katelyn decided to ignore it as if nothing happens and continue to eat her food like everyone.

After they had eaten, they all went inside the house. This time Katelyn made sure that she walked beside her two friends.

They went directly inside a recreation room while the men went to the cellar to choose wine for them to drink.

As expected in a mansion, the room is spacious.

A bar at the right side, lined with swivel arcade stools where you can sit while someone played billiard in front of you, is the first thing she noticed. A dartboard also can be seen at the sidewall.

Near the door are the couches. They formed a big C and faced the far end wall that mounted a 75 or so-inch latest television. The table in the middle has an assortment of nuts placed in elegant bowls. If she is not full, she will grab a plate and take some pistachio.

There is also a grand piano at the right of the couches.

A conversation about Lizzy's impression of New York begun once they are seated started. Alternately, Katelyn was also asked with occasionally Mrs. Baker asking her about adjusting to a new place.

While Mrs. Baker asks Tess about her parents, Katelyn reminded Nicole that they would leave the place to prepare for the concert they are supposed to attend at thirty past eight.

But Nicole's answer to looking at Tess engrossed with Mrs. Baker's conversation made her realize it seems that their tickets will go to waste can, unused.

It was then the men came back, laughing. Blake and Chase both hold a bottle of wine, but Mr. Baker Senior is not with them already.

Teddy Junior mentioned to his mother his father's whereabouts once they were seated on the couch. It seems like his visitor has arrived.

The two housemaids served wine; Katelyn takes a sip on it and put it down on the table.

Mrs. Baker's question's Nicole about her family made Katelyn's eyes turned to her friend.

She knew already of her friend's being from a family of salaried parents, but she hopes it will not be an issue with the Lady of the house's personality.

Nicole's answer did raise Mrs. Baker's eyebrows, but no sounds came out from her.

Before Mrs. Blake can ask her, Blake reminded his mom about their father's visitor.

"Yes, I forgot that your father wanted me there." She told Blake while getting up and excused herself for leaving.

Once she's gone, the tension in the room also went with her.