Chapter 58 - The Only Way

Our new saviour attacked Bedlam with everything she had, the two of them screeching through the sky and creating a fierce light show. As Nelly's gold clashed against its deep hue, crackles of sparking light shot out across the battlefield, so fast that nobody could keep up.

Tobi tried to force himself into the fight, as evidenced by the occasional red flash up above. However, he was often knocked back in frustration, as Bedlam seemingly wasn't playing around anymore.

"All right, everyone ready?" Paolo looked back at our group, after Kiria and Meloetta had sung away our injuries, with a little help from Aquilina to boot.

"I believe so." Midorima nodded.

"Ok, but how do we help, exactly?" Hikaru frowned.

"They're moving faster than we can." Zeraora observed.

"Good point." Zacian sighed.

"We can try to help from a distance." I suggested, my heart still beating fast. "She's smart – she'll know how to react."

"That might be our only option for now." Paolo nodded. "Ok, Caleb, Terrakion – what can you do?"

"We'll crush 'em." Caleb raised his sword.

"On your mark!" Terrakion bashed down with his heavy hooves.

The shattered chunks of rock and mountain that had once made up Bedlam's prison began to rise up from where they lay, and the duo willed them to come together to form a single, gigantic rock formation.

*

"Please – stop this!" Nelly cried as Bedlam swiped at her. She parried the blow and backed away. "I don't want to kill you!"

"You are in my way!" Bedlam hissed. "I've had it – you people are the most ungrateful race I have ever come across! If I have to lose myself to madness to see my destiny fulfilled, then so be it!" The alien growled, its pale body becoming encased in a thick, sickly dark aura, reminiscent of the tendrils it used to kill.

"But why?! I don't understand what you're doing-!"

Bedlam lashed out with a powerful kick, and Nelly reeled back just in time as the sole of the combat boot ripped through the air before her face.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something rising rapidly from down below, and, with an air of reluctance, she reached out and grabbed the leg that had just flown past.

"I don't want to do this!" She said, gripping on tight and yanking her catch round.

"Get your hands off-!"

She swung Bedlam round 180 degrees and threw it directly into the path of the rising stone conglomerate. The mass of rocks smashed into it from below, breaking apart on impact.

*

"Direct hit!" Caleb smirked.

"Nice! Midorima!" Paolo looked back over his shoulder.

"Right away!" The Korean lifted his hands as Uxie readied himself alongside him.

"We'll go too!" Gabi said, nodding towards Ho-oh.

*

"Rgh!" Bedlam twirled round, shaking dust and debris from its frame. "You...! I'll end you all!" The aura around it flared up stronger than ever, and it was about to unleash something dreadful, when its entire body was overcome by a crippling stiffness.

"N-gah...!"

Uxie and Midorima had grabbed it with their psychic abilities, holding it in place with their joint telekinesis.