CHAPTER 33: DISCOVERIES

Chapter 33

BEYONCÉ

A noise startles me, and I jolt awake in time to see a shadowy figure looming near the entrance of my living room. That's way too big to be Nicki.

Groggy and worried I'm still dreaming, I shriek and grab the first thing I can before throwing it across the room with all my strength. Thank you, adrenaline. Save my life while you're working.

"Motherfucker!" the man yells, and I scramble back on the couch as my Magic Wand hits the ground and starts rattling on the floor.

As my eyes adjust to the dark, I stare in horrified fascination as Shawn comes into view. He's clutching his head where I nailed him with my... Oh shit.

"Did you really just hit me with a damn vibrator?" he asks, sounding more confused than angry.

I cover my mouth with my hands, trying not to laugh.

"It was the first thing I could grab."

He mutters something under his breath as he grabs the dancing vibrator from the floor and shuts it off. I'm somewhat wondering when the damn thing got cut on.

"Nicki said you were sick, but judging by the power from that throw, I'm questioning if she's out of her mind," he grumbles, still rubbing his head as he studies my vibrator with far too much interest, even turning on a light.

"I am sick," I defend, squinting against the dim light. "But when some guy breaks into my house, the fight-or-flight response kicks in with some oomph. What the hell are you doing in my house?"

I clutch my chest as my breathing tries to slow down, along with my furiously pounding heart. The more the initial terror wears off, the more everything on me starts to hurt.

"Why is this thing so heavy? It's at least ten pounds or something. And how does this go inside-"

"You are not asking questions about my vibrator. And it doesn't go inside you. It's a clit stimu-No. No. I'm not explaining it to you. What the hell, Shawn?"

He pushes a button, and the wand is turned on to full, knock-your-clit-off speed, and his eyebrows go up like he's fascinated.

"No way can my tongue ever move that quick. Would this not be painful?"

"I don't use it on full speed." I slap my head, then groan when I realize my head hurts too much for that. "Damn it, why are you here?" I ask again.

"Holy shit. What kind of batteries does this thing take? Is this spot for it to plug into the wall or something?"

"Shawn!" I snap. "Why are you here?"

He turns off the vibrator-finally-and tosses it aside, even though I can tell he's still much too intrigued by it.

"Nicki said you're sick, so I'm here to help. Otherwise she's staying. In fact, she's waiting outside, probably listening to us talk about your massive, somewhat emasculating vibrator. I'm starting to question if your orgasms with me have been real."

He smirks, letting me know he's fucking with me.

"Why are you here?" I ask for the millionth time. Okay, so maybe it's not really a million, but it feels like it.

I whimper as I slide back down on the couch, my body being punished for all the energy he's made me use.

He shuts the light off before coming closer, still not answering my question. It registers too late that he said Nicki was outside.