Chapter 2

Wasting no time, shift to wolf and almost laugh as I can see their eyes widen in surprise. My wolf stands tall and intimidating. Not what you would expect considering my 5 '4 athletic frame. She shakes out her black fur and bares her canines letting out a deep threatening growl.

All three rouges jump to attack me at the same time. I lunge to take out the wolf in the middle first, I rip his neck out with my canines making easy work of him. I feel a claw scratch my back and I quickly turn around and reset my stance and lunge, using my claws to rip his face apart.

And now the third wolf.... looks like he took himself out? He is laying down whining on the ground. As I walk towards him pain radiates from my back where I was scratched.

Wolfsbaine

With a closer look, the rouge was foaming from his mouth and his claws were deteriorating. Understanding settles over me and I realize. He had dipped his claws and canines in wolfsbaine.

My ears pick up footsteps a few miles out, and I grab my bag within my teeth and run. This wasn't some random rouge attack, the were coming for me. What the hell. I'm not sticking around to figure this out.

I keep running putting as much distance as I can in between me and the wolves behind me, pushing my muscles to their limits. I can hear these wolves running spread out evenly in a formation. I can tell they are organized. I almost want to just turn around and deal with this now but as I run my vision is getting blurry. The wolfsbaine is working it's way through my system.

I just keep running focusing all my attention on putting one paw in front of the other. If I'm caught I will be too weak to fight off what sounds like 10 to 15 wolves. I'm not sure where I'm going and keep running into trees and branches, my balance all fucked up. I start to slow down as I notice the amount of footsteps I hear start to lessen. What's going on?

But it looks like I won't be awake long enough to figure it out, I feel everything going black as I pass out from the poison but not before getting whiff of the sweetest most intoxicating  thing I have ever smelled.

———————————————

For the next few hours I can sense myself coming in and out of consciousness hearing things here and there. I'm not sure if I am dreaming or what.

"WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ON GAURD" I hear a man yell. His voice deep and commanding.

Then I go black again.

I awaken again. That smell, that sweet smell all around me, holding me tight to its owner. My wolf growls weakly, mate.

"Get us to the pack house NOW!" The voice growls. Angry yet comforting to me.

Black again.

I awake again, this time a few moments longer. Long enough to finally see the face of that sweet, sweet smell. And I reallllyyyyyy hope I live through this because I have to know him.

I take a beat to assess my situation and I am laying in a bed, with an IV in my arm. There is a machine next to me monitoring my vitals. The room is cozy as hell with brown and gray interior, blankets and fuzzy rugs.

The man stands at the foot of my bed. His eyes have been piercing into me, analyzing everything about me. He is tall with an extremely muscular build without being bulky though. His hair is black and he has it styled in a short professional looking cut. His eyebrows are thick and help frame his face into the intimidating glare I bet he wears 98% of the time.

He is wearing black slacks and and a dark gray sweater that is loose but falls on his body nicely . His expression looks dark and almost scares me.  He walks around the bed slowly towards me, never taking  his eyes off of me. I hear the increasing beep from the monitor. With every step he takes my heart beats faster and faster until I fall back into darkness again.
———————————————————————