Chapter 2 ~ First Date PART 1

Adam’s POV

(Sep 5, 11:27, Tobi’s House)

            “Would you just ask her out?” Tobi says in my ear.

            Her face trailed through my mind over and over. I just couldn’t believe that Owl looked like that now, and that she was my mate.

            She was mine.

            “I know, but-“ I start.

            “Butts are for sitting Adam!” Tobi yells. “Oh, just come on? So you can shift into a big, scary black wolf? Girls love werewolves, dude. And, if she makes you that spastic, you can go on a double date with Star and I.”

            I think about this for a second and run my hand through my hair. Gosh, it would be nice to see Owl without being an idiot. And besides, if anything Tobi had my back. “Alright,” I say. “I’ll call her right now.”       

            Just as I lift the phone, Tobi throws it out of my hand. “No, no, no,” he says. “You’re not calling her. I am.”

            “Why you? I’m the one asking her out,” I say confused.

            “Because you’re a stuttering, clumsy elephant when you talk to her,” Toby says. “And I have a pretty good impression of you, anyway.”

            I shake my head. “Tobi, no. You’re going to say something dirty or something to her and make me look even dumber!”

            He dials the number and holds a finger up to me. “Yes, Owl? This is Adam and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me. We’re going to have a movie night at Tobi’s house with Star. Okay, good. I’ll pick you up at seven tonight, alright? Okay, thanks.”       

            His voice did sound just like mine, and that was creepy.

            Then he hands up the phone and hands it back to me. “That was easy,” he says. “You’re picking her up at seven, so put on a decent shirt, wait, I have one that will work and it will fit you too.”

            Tobi rummages around in his closet for the shirt. He holds out a solid black shirt. “Put it on,” he says with a sly smile.

            I take off my other shirt and put the black one on. I don’t see what the big deal is, but when I look down I do. This shirt shows every muscle in my stomach and chest. I have to say, I’m pretty ripped, so this works perfectly.

            “Thanks man,” I say and smile at him.

            “Oh, and use this cologne too,” Tobi says throwing me a can of Axe.  “Star can’t get enough of it.”

            “What does it smell like?” I ask reading the label.

            “Dude, it’s chocolate,” he says. “She’ll love it.”

Owl’s POV

(Sep 5, 6:42, Owl’s House)

            “Now, you need to be super nice to Adam. He’s really nervous,” Star says over the phone. “Just act all scared when we watch the movie, okay?”

            “Got it. Bye Star, I’ve got to get ready.”

            I just got done straightening my hair with my pink straightener. Tonight was going to be perfect. Gosh, I can’t believe that Adam asked me out. Me, the school nerd, or was I guess, going on a date with the quarterback of the football team.