Chapter 1 ~ High School Never Ends

Adam’s POV

(August 30, 7:55, Oakridge Commons)

I didn’t know what to think when I walked into my old school. I had moved away from the school district because my dad got a new job when I was in seventh grade. I really liked it at Oakridge, so for my senior year I decided to come back.

            “Adam, my man!” my friend Tobi yells from our group of football friends. I hadn’t seen them in four years, and I could recognize some of them, but some were new.

            After getting acquainted for a minute, Toby says, “You haven’t changed at all.”

            That was true. My tanned skin stayed the same, my dark chocolate brown hair changed the same, and my green eyes are the same. Although I did grow a few inches from seventh grade and I have a six pack now that I don’t mind about bragging about.

            “You either, man,” I say to him. His sandy blonde hair stayed the same; his big blue puppy eyes stayed the same too.  I use to be taller than him, but he shot above me.

            A girl’s voice yells behind me, “Adam!” and her skinny tan arm wrap around my neck from behind. I turn around and see that it’s Macy.

            Macy, the blonde beauty, was the hottest girl in the seventh grade. Her hair was pulled up in a ponytail almost on top of her head with a big blue and black bow. She has a jacket on with cheerleader on it. That doesn’t surprise me that she’s a cheerleader.

            “I didn’t know that you came back to Oakridge. I thought you moved,” she says.

            I nod. “Yeah, but I came back for senior year.”

            She gives me a creepy but hot stare. “Well, if you need help finding your way around, you know where I am,” she says and walks away.

            Of course, this gives all the other guys the chance to start slapping me on the back while Macy slowly walked away from us to a group of girls. They were Nellie, Sam, Ariel, and Max. They were all equally as hot as Macy and they all had the same Cheerleader jacket on.

            “So, I want to meet this girlfriend of yours,” I say to Tobi.

            We had talked all summer and all Tobi talked about was his babe of a girlfriend. He told me all about her, and I have a picture of what she looks like already in my head.

            “I don’t know if she’s here yet,” he says. “And besides, the bell rings for first hour in like, a minute, anyway. So you have science with me?”

            I looked down my schedule. “Yeah,” I say back. We started to walk to the science building to Mr. Thorn’s class.

(August 30, 11:58, Oakridge Lunchroom)

            The first three classes went by in a blur. It wasn’t really anything, just a ‘getting to know the oddballs in your class’ kind of day.

            I was so glad when I got to lunch. I met Tobi at a lunch table that I think my parents used, and sat down. “So where’s Star?” I say referring to his girlfriend.

            “She’s over there,” he says pointing to her. She’s sitting at a table with a few other girls talking and laughing. He was right, she was a babe.

            Her long blonde hair with dark hair underneath was layered and fell to her mid back. Her green eyes were bright with her freckles on her face.

            “Wow, she changed,” I say not recalling the long hair from seventh grade. I look around at the other girls on the table. I recognized all of them but one. “Who’s that?” I asked pointing to the girl sitting next to Star.

            Toby looks at her for a second. “Oh, her? Come on, Adam. You can’t tell me that you don’t recognize Owl.”

            “Owl Nile?” I say back.

            “What other girl do you know named Owl?” he says.

            I literally had to pick my jaw up off the ground with both hands. This girl was not the Owl I remember. I remember a flat, blonde nerdy girl with thick black glasses with her hair always up in a braid. Not a girl with pretty blue eyes, brunette hair that was straight down, and she wasn’t wearing a Superman or a Lord Of The Rings shirt either, but a red and white striped shirt that really made her figure pop out.

            “No. Way,” I say still staring at her.

            “Dude, go and talk to her,” Tobi says punching my arm hard.

“I’ll go if you go with me to talk to Star,” I say sounding like a queer.

            Toby shrugs. “Alright, why not?”

            We walk over to the table and I try to look as cool as possible. “Hey, Star,” Tobi says and leans down to kiss her head. He goes around and introduces me to all the girls even though I remember all of them. Then he gets to Owl last.

            “Well, you, uh, you grew up,” I mutter out. She giggles and smiles warmly at me.

            After a few minutes of being a complete retard around her, Tobi and I walk away. “Dude, you’re falling so hard for her,” he says in a whisper.

            “I know,” I say nervously. I didn’t just like Owl, I loved her. I don’t know why I didn’t see it before, but take off the glasses she’s beautiful.

            “Do you think she’s your-“Tobi says, not finishing because he already knows I know how it ends.

            I nod. “I really do, bro,” I say. “I never really paid any attention to her before so that’s why I didn’t see it before that she was my mate.”

            He smiles and punches my arm again. “Good for you, buddy.”

            Oh, yeah. I’m a werewolf and so is Tobi and Star. How did I forget to mention that?

            Not only am I a werewolf, I’m the alpha of our pack. And as you can tell, Owl’s meant to be with me.

Owl’s POV

(August 30, 4:07, Oakridge Parking Lot)

            My phone rings and I see that it’s Star. I pick it up and she screams in my ear. “What was that, Star?” I say crinkling my nose. “Where are you, anyway? You said that you’d come and get me after school. Where did you park?”

            “Behind the school,” she says. “And I have a secret to tell you, but you can’t tell anyone else, okay?”     

            “Okay,” I say. “What is it?”

            “Adamlikes you!” she yells into my ear. “Tobi told me, so just come around and meet me okay?”

            I shut my phone and clumsily walk to the back of the school. Gosh, Adam, like me? No way. I’ve had a crush on him since third grade and now… he likes me.

            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.-

So what do you think? I don’t know how this story’s going to go. . . But I hope you guys liked it!

PLEASE fan, comment, and vote for this story and my other stories:P IT’S THE MOST FREE THING EVER!

~Maddie