"Uhm, hello to you too?"

"What's wrong?" Cutting straight to the point, as usual, Lizzie stared down her current opponent with a peircing gaze.

Used to the constant pushing and prodding, Jesse just shrugged and replied, "Nothing is wrong. Let it go, Lizzie."

The blunt and slightly cross edge to his voice made her eyes go a bit wide. She was used to Everett sometimes being a bit snippy. After all, he had been that way since she met the guy.

But Jesse always had softer edges, always had kind words and a soothing tone to his voice. When he became sharp with his words, it just threw her completely off guard.

Instead of commenting, however, Lizzie merely nodded her head and made her way to the entry way. There, she crossed her arms once more and set her shoulder on the wall.

The awkward silence in the air nearly suffocated her. Thankfully, she didn't have to wait long for Everett to come bounding through the halls and informing them that he was ready to head out.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hey, Mandy! Thanks for coming!"

Lizzie said hello to yet another classmate. It seemed kind of weird that so many people were hugging her and 'catching up' as they put it. She hadn't spoken to most of these people considering most of her time had been monopolized by the North boys.

If she were to be perfectly honest, though most of these people wer eher classmates, she had no idea who most of them were. She chalked it up to the fact that she came into the school a little late.

Then after she met Jesse and Everett, Lizzie didn't feel the need to expand on that.

But apparently, now that they were all going seperate ways, the rest of her graduating class felt the unyeilding desire to inform her how much they would miss her and her 'antics'.

Shaking her head, Lizzie glanced around the party and let out smile. It was a huge success. Music blared through the speakers and people were dancing and laughing and enjoying themselves.

Her parents and the rest of the North clan had already excused themselves to a back room of the rec center for some card playing. Occasionally, one adult would come out for around fifteen to twenty minutes to make sure everything remained decent and appropriate before checking the drinks (they wanted to make sure they weren't spiked) and grabbing a handful of snacks for the journey back to their cave.

Overall, everyone seemed to be having a blast.

It reinforced Lizzie's belief that alcohol didn't need to present to have fun.

Just a bunch of weird teenagers.

Bobbing her head, a favorite song of Lizzie's started to blare through the speakers and her feet automatically began leading her to the dancefloor. Nearly everyone else already squeezed into it and she was determined to join the fun.

That is, until she spotted the raven haired guy with sunglasses that made her forget her last mission. Now, she just wanted to chat with him.

Grinning, Lizzie bounced over and greeted Everett, along with the guy (whom she recognized as Devin) standing next to him.. "Hey, guys. Having fun?" Lizzie directed the question more towards Everett considering his name was scribbed on a third of the party invitiations.

Devin returned to smile on her face and nodded his head rapidly. "Yeah! It's great! I didn't realize how hilarious Jesse's brother could be."

Everett made a face that told Lizzie half of whatever he told Devin, he actually meant as a truth. Apparently Devin thought he was being funny.