Epilogue

This is really the final chapter of Finding Everett. We're closing down an entire book here, guys. I'm freaking out because this is the second book that I've finished on this website and seriously - I'm really happy that I joined the Wattpad community because you are all so supportive and amazing, even when I fall off the face of the earth for months at a time! Thank you for reading this story and joining Lizzie, Everett and Jesse on their adventure!

(Also, I have no idea how Curtis School of Music does their graduation ceremony. I just did a little playing around here!)

The song I chose for this chapter is Because You Live by Jesse McCartney. Is it cheesy? Yes. It was a toss-up between that and Heaven Can Wait by We The Kings.

This won out because I thought it fit better.

And now . . . I present the very last chapter of Finding Everett.

Everett couldn't help it. His body thrummed with energy, his hands shaking with nerves. His leg bounced uncontrollably as he sat on his chair, waiting to be called. Part of the graduation ceremony for the university involved the valedictorian composing an original piece and playing it after the dean gave the final speech.

Since Everett was pretty much the face of the school at this point, he got the shining moment. But his nerves were beginning to get the better of him. Everyone knew he wore his heart on his sleeve where his music was concerned and tonight . . . well, tonight he would be totally exposed to everyone in the auditorium as far as he cared to admit.

This song just felt personal to him. Primarily because it was. And considering the inspiration for the song would be sitting out in the audience, he didn't want to mess it up. The very thought made Everett wiped his palms on his pants just one more time. Three  years of extra training and fine tuning the skills he already worked on growing up should kick in once he made his way to the stage. But he still felt the jump in his chest at the prospect of performing in front of so many.

"Why are you so nervous?" Aaron asked, coming to stand directly to Everett's left. His hand rested on Everett's shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "C'mon, you're the best pianist at this school. Between that and the fact that your lady is out there watching you, I doubt you can mess up. You're too much of a perfectionist for that."

Everett barked out a laugh and shoved one hand through his hair. He gave up about forty five minutes ago on keeping his hair neat and tidy. He would just have to let it be free because with the way his nerves were fraying at the very edges, having perfect hair was so far down on his list.

At the moment, Everett couldn't be more thankful for the guy standing next to him. Aaron became a fast friend of his when he first came to Curtis. Actually, the two formed a friendship before ever meeting face to face.

When the preparations for Everett began, the biggest concern was, of course, Everett's lack of sight. So he contacted the school and explained the situation, hoping they could help come up with a solution.

Their solution was Aaron.

Aaron Hargis possessed a personality similar to Lizzie; always positive and upbeat, never taking no for an answer and always having Everett's back.

They began a friendship over Skype and by the time Everett arrived at school, he had a best friend and a roommate all rolled into one. It worked out perfectly for the both of them and for Everett, it had been a life saver. He couldn't count all the time he'd thanked Aaron in one way or another for being so amazing.