Part 2: When Namjoon Met Eleanor

I know this might seem crazy, made up even, but there he is standing in front of me. The one and only, Kim Namjoon. How did he find me? Oh, the letter I gave him? I left a return address hoping for perhaps a thank you. I knew it'd be a very slim chance of getting a response, let alone him showing up at my doorstep.

"Shhh," He said looking around to make sure no one saw or heard my meltdown.

"Kim Namjoon, I have to be dreaming," I said almost whispering. I felt a pinch on my arm.

"Ouch!" It didn't hurt but I was surprised by it. "Did you just...?"

"There, you're not dreaming." He interrupted rolling his eyes in a nonchalant manner as if this was part of a routine. "I need your help, Eleanor, shall we?" He motioned toward the door.

He needs my help? With what? I can't even help myself. 

Oh god, my heart is beating so fast it might jump out of my chest. I am shaking like a frightened chihuahua and he probably saw it in my eyes because he hunched forward to meet my eyes.

"Are you still there?" He says looking concerned.

Snap out of it Eleanor!!!

"Um, yes..maybe?" My throat feels a little dry. "We should probably go inside."

Namjoon nods and turns the other way to pick up his backpack and suitcase.

"I'm sorry for the mess, I wasn't really expecting a visit today," I said with the most awkward little laugh anyone has ever seen as I punched in the code to open my door. "It's small too so just..." I froze in place seeing all the BT21 cushions on my sofa, the BTS polaroid collage above my desk, the Mattel dolls in the bookcase, the postcards...

I immediately turn to face Namjoon who almost bumps into me.

"You're going to have to wait outside for a second."

"I don't really don't mind if it's messy..." He tries to take a step forward but I'm already pushing him out. He looks at my hands on his chest...my hands on his chest!! What am I doing?  I can feel the heat radiating from my cheeks.

"Sorry, it'll be a just second, sorry," I say as I close the door on a very confused Namjoon.

I start frantically running around while taking down the polaroids, the Map of the Soul: Persona poster behind my couch, collecting all the Mattel dolls, Funko pops, and trying to shove everything BTS/BT21 related things into my closet. I have to push the door with my shoulder to make it close and pray nothing breaks. I run back to the living room to pick up what's left.

"Why do I have so much BTS shit?!!" I cry as I push the Koya, RJ, and Chimmy cushions underneath my bed.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon yells.

"Almost ready," I yell back doing a 360 of the small living room.

I think we're good!

I open the door and Namjoon is leaning against the door frame, arms crossed, and expressionless.

"Sorry about that!" I smile widely still trying to catch my breath and gesture him to come in.

"Woah, cozy." He drops the suitcase and backpack on the floor and sits on the couch. I realize he's not wearing any makeup and there are dark circles under his eyes. He must be really tired.

"Umm thanks, " I drag my computer chair to sit directly across from him. "So... about what you said earlier."

"You probably heard, right?" He avoids my eyes this time and looks toward the screen door that leads to my balcony. The sun is already starting to set.