where'd the fun go

i rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and stretched out among the empty bed, i could hear finn in the kitchen with his music on while he cooked or whatever he was doing.

i'd been sleeping a lot more lately i found, i was super exhausted because of the baby. i still couldn't believe i'd be having a baby in just a few months. where on earth did the time go?

i looked over to my side at my phone that laid on the desk, for a moment i forgot that i'd told jaeden i was free today. i happened to be feeling sick though so i guess it would work itself out anyway. i picked up my phone and texted him, "super sick today :( can't hang out. sorry" i bit my lip and sent it, putting my phone back down on the desk.

i got up out of bed and wandered into the kitchen and saw finn on his computer, sitting on a stool at the island. i came up behind him and swung my arms around his neck and nuzzled my face into his neck. "good morning baby." i spoke softly but realized that i sounded super sick, my nose being stuffy and a small croak in my throat.

he turned around and faced me, putting his arms around my waist and kissing my belly. "good morning sweetcheeks, you sound sick?" i nodded and sniffles a bit, releasing my grip from him and going to pour myself a glass of water from the tap. "you're mom called me."

i froze a bit as i rummaged through the white cabinets searching for some kind of sickness medicine, i turned to him and sniffles while furrowing my eyebrows at him all while my forehead wrinkled up. "why?"

he turned back around to his computer and shrugged "i don't know she just said she wanted to talk to you, and she was coming over today." my eyes widened a bit and walked over to his side "what?"

he nodded while keeping his gaze on the screen. "yea she'll be here soon." i gasped a bit to myself and shook my head, i walked back down the hall and into our bedroom to call her, but before i could dial the number, a loud buzz went off and shook my body from shock.

i ran to finn and coughed "what the hell was that?!" he chuckled a bit and pointed to the small phone and button by the door "the buzzer, your mom is probably here." i glared at him then walked over to the phone and the buzzer.

"hello?" i spoke into the phone, trying to hide my sick voice "mille? let me in." it was my mother.

i sighed and pressed the button to let her in, i walked back into the kitchen and smacked finn's arm. "how could you not tell me she was coming?" he raised a brow to me "i did tell you." i rolled my eyes and sighed, then walking into the living room while waiting for her to come in.

soon the door abruptly slammed open and slammed shut again within a second, i sighed and turned my head over my shoulder. "finn, it's nice to see you." i rolled my eyes at the fake in my mother's words.

"you too." finn coughed a bit but then headed down into our bedroom and shut the door behind him, leaving me and my mother.

i watched my mother sit in the chair in front of me and the glass table between us, it was silent for a moment as i stared at her with no expression on my face. "long time no see huh." i chuckled to myself and rested my hand on my pregnant belly. she glanced at my stomached and sighed to herself then looked away again.

"how's the baby?" she spoke up and coughed a bit to herself while avoiding all eye contact.

"she's great. i'm due in just a few months." i looked down at my stomach and bit the inside of my cheek, starting to grow nervous at the presence of my mother. "that's good to hear.. it's actually what i'm here to speak with you about." a sudden tone of seriousness grew in her voice and i sat up some more. "and what about?"

my mother sighed and rummaged through her purse, then slammed a small stack of papers on the table in front of me. i furrowed my eyebrows at the papers then looked up to her "what is this?" i picked up the papers and flipped through them, barely looking at them.

"custody papers. once the baby is born, i'm taking it." my mouth gaped open and my eyes widened, "what? no fucking way!" i threw the papers to the side of me onto the couch.

"millie! language." i rolled my eyes "no, go fuck yourself. you're not taking my child away." my mothers eyes grew dark and she stood up while glaring down at my now trembling body

i couldn't give up this baby, no fucking way. i'd gone through too much to loose it, my heart ached at the sight of the custody papers. "you are still a child yourself! you aren't ready to raise this baby!" i stood up and growled at her, wanting to smack her right then and there.

"i am! i am ready! this baby is mine! what right do you have to take it away from me?"
tears started to roll down my cheeks, my face becoming a hot red complexion. "i'm not signing those papers." i crosses my arms over my chest and glared at my mother. part of me wondered why finn hadn't come out to defend me or our baby yet, but part of me was glad because i didn't want to involve him with my ridiculous mother.

"you don't need to sign anything, it's already confirmed that once that child is born, it's freely mine to take. i just came to inform you so you wouldn't freak out." my eyes widened at her worlds, i reached my hand out and slapped her face,  earning a small yelp from her lips. "get out of my house." my lip quivered as my words were breathy. my mother glared at me and walked past me to the door, without saying a word, she slammed it open and slammed it back shut behind her.

my breathing pitched and i fell onto my butt on the couch as i sobbed quietly, i held onto my belly with both hands and covered my face in the depths of the couch. finn came rushing out and ran next to me, he looked down at me and bit his lip "hey hey." he picked me up and carried me bridal style down the hallway into the bedroom and laid be down onto the bed.

i sobbed into the pillow as my lips became dry and my nose became runny. he cuddled up to me and held me in his arms, oh how i wish things could stay like this forever.

he kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back softly and slowly, "i won't let anyone take her away." he whispered into my ear, i sniffled and clung onto him harder.

i know he meant what he said, but those papers. god those awful custody papers, made my heart beat faster, i rubbed my damp eyes and looked up to finn who was smiling down at me. my mother always got what she wanted, and oh how i wish finn knew that. i felt a knot tie in my stomach, maybe it was the baby or just the nervous thoughts i was getting.

my heart, so frail and so broken already.
sunk.