Chapter 35~ First Day?

Joe's POV:
Dianne and I both agreed that we want to put Crystal in public school. She's only 5 so no one will recognise us when we go to pick her up. Paparazzi might catch us out but that's no big deal really. We decided to let Crystal know that she will be going to school.

J: Should we tell her then?

D: Yeah. Crystal! Can you come here please?! Your dad and I want to tell you something!

We heard Crystal coming up the stairs. I could just feel her smile coming through the wall. She stood there in her pyjamas smiling away. She reminded me of Chloe and Amy, with there big and gorgeous smiles. I told her to come and sit next to me, so she sat on the bed and cuddled into my chest.

D: Do you know why we brought you up here?

Crystal, still cuddling into my chest, shook her head gently.

D: How would you like it if you went to school?

Crystal shot up from my chest like an energetic puppy and made and even bigger smile on her face. I didn't even know that was possible for her.

J: Would you like to start tomorrow?

C: Yeah! I'm gonna go and pack my stuff now!

D: Alright then, you go do that. We will be up here alright?

C: Yeah.

Dianne sat next to me and cuddled up to me. I quickly realised that she had rehearsals today so she needed to have a shower. I heard light snoring from Dianne and figured she was asleep.

J: Babe. You need to wake up.

D: Hmm?

J: You need to wake up. You have rehearsals today, you need to have a shower.

D: Oh yeah.

Dianne looked awfully tired, I didn't really want her to go to rehearsals. They've changed up Strictly this year, you go to your studio and then send your celeb to the studio without the pros knowing which celeb it will be. They don't do the chemistry test anymore. That's why Dianne needs to get up even earlier now. She looked paler than normal. I don't really know what was wrong with her, it's probably just the pregnancy.

Yeah.

It's probably just the pregnancy.

I decided that I would ask Dianne if she was alright. I know when she is lying, I can tell by her voice. I pushed myself up off of the bed and walked over to the bathroom to speak to Dianne.

J: Dot?

D: *mumbled* what?

J: Are you ok? You look really pale and tired.

D: I'm fine Joe.

And now all of a sudden she has become very defensive on how she is feeling. I know there is something wrong. Dianne can't hide anything from me. Especially her feelings. I walked back to the bed, to sit back down, but just before I sat down, I heard coughing and, following on from that, a splatter into the toilet. I ran towards the bathroom and tried to pick the lock but it didn't work. I was really worried for her health right now, why would she want to go to rehearsals for 6 or 7 to the maximum 14 hours a day when she was clearly ill? I knocked on the door multiple times until she finally answered. The door slowly opened and I saw my gorgeous red head, laying her head on the sink. Vomit in the toilets, and some on the floor. "I'm really sorry, Joe, I didn't mean to." She said on the verge of tears. "There's no need to apologise babe. This wasn't your fault, it was your bodies fault. Promise you I'll get this cleaned up in no time. All I'm asking from you is to not go to rehearsals this week." "But I need to! I can't just not go." She said breathing heavily. "Listen, breathe. Stop making yourself worked up over things gorgeous. It will only get worse if you go to rehearsals." I whispered. I wrapped my arms around her waist and gave her a hug. She deserved it. "If you stay at home today and don't go to rehearsals, I'll get you a treat from the shops." I said, trying to bribe her. "I'm not a kid Joe. But I'll stay. I want your company." She laughed. "How about I call Caspar and ask him if he can look after Crystal with Ambar?" I asked. "Yeah. Let's do that." She replied with a grin on her face. I got my phone and opened up my contacts and called Caspar.

C: Yo.

J: Yo dude.

C: What's up prankster?

J: Is it possible if you can look after Crystal for the day? It's just that Dianne is feeling sick and can't go to work and I want to stay and look after her.

C: Yeah that's fine mate. What time?

J: Is it possible if you could start walking to my apartment now?

C: Yeah. What time do you want her back?

J: Maybe around 7 or 8. Since she goes to sleep at that time and she'll be knackered.

C: So I'll start walking now and I'll be there in about 10 minutes.

J: Alright text me when you are outside. See ya.

C: See ya soon. Bye.

J: Bye. Bye. Bye.

"So, can he do it?" Dianne questioned. "Yeah. He will be here in about 10 minutes. I better go and tell Crystal." I remembered. I got up and walked down the stairs to tell Crystal that Uncle Caspar is coming to look after her. I opened her door slowly because I didn't want to startle her. "Who's that!" She said concerned. "It's only me princess." I said trying to reassure her. I sat down next to her and I told her that Caspar will be looking after her the whole day. She was really confused and then she got upset about the fact that she can't pack her things for her first day tomorrow. I told her that Dianne and I were going to pack it while she was out. I got a message through to my phone and sure enough it was Caspar.

'You can come up mate'

The words that changed my life forever.