Chapter 34~ Busy, Busy, Busy

1 Week later
Dianne's POV:
Today was the day. Leaving for strictly. Saying goodbye to Crystal and Joe for a couple of weeks. I'll be getting up at 6 and getting home at 11. Crystal would be asleep and, most likely, Joe to. We, most probably, are not going to be having a party this year like we usually do. I got out of the bed and went to walk to the shower until I heard a faint 'mummy'. I ran down the stairs because I thought that she was in danger. I burst through the door and saw her cuddled up in her blankets.

D: What's wrong baby?

C: I had a nightmare. There's a monster and he- he- hurt me.

D: It's not real baby. There's no monster.

Crystal saying this reminded me of my relationship with Anthony. A monster that hurt her, Anthony was the monster that hurt me. The only words that were now stuck in my head.

A monster.

The monster.

I sat next to her on the bed and gave her a big cuddle so she knew that she was safe.

D: Do you realise that mummy won't be here for a couple of weeks?

C: What? W-why?!

D: Mummy is going to be on tv. Mummy's going to be dancing.

C: Can I come?!

D: No, you sadly can't. It's for big big girls.

C: But I am a big girl.

D: But you aren't a big big girl are you?

C: *shakes her head sadly*

J: Dot!

D: Yeah?

J: Can you come here please?

D: Yeah. I've got to go and see daddy quickly.

C: Ok.

I walked out of the room and shut the door. I walked up the stairs and saw Joe with a look on his face like he was hiding something.

D: What have I done now?!

J: Nothing.

D: Ok then. What is it?

J: So basically, I got two messages from Elstree and also, London theatre.

D: What's it about?!

J: London theatre is asking me if I wanted to be on Waitress again, as Ogie, and Elstree is asking me if I wanted to be a host on Strictly!

D: No!!!! Your taking the piss! Holy shit! Show me!

Joe entered his phone password and opened up his emails, there was 2 that was saved to his phone. I read both the emails and stood with my jaw touching the floor.

D: But, what are we going to do with Crystal?

J: Well, I'm obviously going to be with you on Saturdays. She could stay at one of my mates house maybe? To be honest, you are at rehearsals every day and I'll be there from 4. So maybe if we put her in public school then really I would be able to pick her up and take her to the studio, where you are, and then go to London studios from there.

D: How about she comes on Saturdays but sits with the pro that doesn't have a partner and when it's a group dance she could sit with one of the celebs?

J: Sounds like a good plan. Do you think I should do Strictly then?

D: Yeah.