One

Ellie's POV:

As I was riding my pastel blue bicycle in the middle of May, I could smell the salt water from the Atlantic Ocean where
many tourists love to swim. I looked at the ocean for a quick second and could see nothing but endless water going on for miles and miles. The morning sun reflecting off of the blue water blinding anyone who looked.

Living in a tourist town has it's pros and cons,
like getting to known someone over the summer but they have to return to their own life and you're stuck here. Trapped in your own bubble seeing the same people everyday and the same roads and houses. Nothing's new, no new people except if it's the summer.

As I pulled up to the only ice cream shop in town which is where I work, I could see the sun shining through the light pink windows. I walked my bike to the small alley way beside the shop where I tied it to the pastel pink bike rail. I unlocked the door and stepped in turning on the lights and started to open the shop.

When I started to take the ice cream out from the back, I see a tall teenage boy come into the shop. I studied his features in awe. The sun light that was shining through the window made him look even better from his beautiful hazel eyes to his sharp jawline. I knew he was a tourist because I would have seen him around town.

He approached the counter with confidence that the teen boys don't have here. He looked up at the menu to determine what flavor he wanted. His eyes scanned the menu then he looked at me.

" Do you have any dairy free ice cream?" He said with a smile. Thank god we just added some to the new summer menu.

"Yes. We have dairy free ice cream. Do you want to try a sample of it?" I said with everything nerve in my body quivering. His hazel eyes met mine and he scanned me up and down with a smirk planted on his face.

"Sure" He replied with a smirk laced in his voice.

"What flavor? We have Cookies and cream, chocolate and peanut butter" I said while looking at the iPad we have as a cash register.

" Cookies and Cream." He replied while taking his wallet out of his back pocket. I typed his order into the register and took his card and slid it through the machine.

I gave back the card not making eye contact, I could feel his eyes staring at me while I scooped the ice cream.

"So....You live around here or is this just a summer job?" He asked with curiosity laced in his voice.

"Um..... I live around but only work here during Summer caused it's closed during winter."

"So I guess I will be seeing you around here then." he said as I handed him his ice cream.

"I guess you will if you are staying here for the Summer" I said with a little more confidence.

"See you around.....?"

"Ellie" I replied.

"Well I will see you around Ellie." He said scanning me while smirking.

He turned on his heel to exit the small shop but a sudden wave of confidence came over me.

"Wait... I don't know your name?"

He turned back around with his ice cream in his hand and looked at me with a confident look on his face.

"Ethan......Ethan Dolan."

After he said his name he left the shop I couldn't comprehend what just happened.

Thank you for reading! Please comment and vote!

-Xoxo