---The Cruelty of Fate---

Start from the beginning

The blood was spilled and the voices of pain spread across the Kingdom and Liahna was falling in traps of evil again. She even threw the charging Tibran away not remembering that he was once her dear friend.

Liahna walked like a plague of death as she gripped Henley's neck tightly and saw the life flickering in his eyes.

"You shouldn't have messed with me." She said and with that, she burned him with her bare hands.

The fear intensified and earlier who was fighting against her was now backing down.

The sky darkened and the stench of blood made Liahna smirk.

Suddenly a loud cry of pain reached her and her heart dropped, it was Ivor.

Why are you killing Liahna? What is the reason for rage? Liahna's sane mind asked her.

And then she noticed the black phoenix hovering over Ivor whose chest was bleeding. He would die if phoenix attacked once more. Even though he did manage to injure the huge dangerous monster but it was the monster of the myths because it was too scary to be true.

Liahna noticed her phoenix charge forward as Ivor got ready with the sword. But she knew it even before it came down that phoenix would burn him from distance and the sword would do no good. The death will spread and Ivor would be one of the dead bodies.

As phoenix came swooping down and she rushed forward realizing she was fighting everyone for him because his loss made her insane.

For that switch second she was Liahna in love with Ivor again and dashed in front of Ivor looking at all the deaths she caused just like people did with her Kingdom. Without thinking twice, she grabbed Ivor's hand and looked into his beautiful eyes.

"I love you." She said and plunged the sword he was holding in her heart just wanting him to live.

The phoenix turned to ashes, the darkness and clouds cleared, the chaos died and the screams stopped.

As Princess Liahna fell into his arms with a small smile, her eyes closed and a tear slipped from her eyes as she closed them succumbing to death.

Haunting silence followed as Ivor looked around the dead bodies, the destroyed Kingdoms but right then he felt like someone was ripping his heart out of his body. He cried holding her body close not sure why her death was causing so much pain.

That is when he notice the ring on her necklace, the same on his finger.

And the pain hit her hundred times harder and he yelled in misery.

"Why am I alive? Were we not soul binded? Why?" He cried each and every memory creeping back to him as he touched the ring.

"That soul is long gone, the one binded to you. That's why she sacrificed herself." It was the witch, the same one who gave them the Binding.

"I want her here, I want her alive." He cried like a man broken into pieces, a man whose heart was being crushed in pain.

"I want my wife back." He yelled holding her close in his arms.

He killed her, she died through his hands and that was fate wanted. He was made to yield the sword to kill her.

"Look for her." The witch said and then pulled out a locket from Liahna's armor.

She was gifted this by another witch the one who was known for the White magic.

"What?" he asked in between his tears and sobs.

"Look for the girl with the locket. Next time Fate will not be so cruel." She said with a little sadness.

"I don't understand."

"You will." She answered.

"Mourn her death Prince, you are the only family she has." And then the witch was gone.

It was hours before Ivor stopped grieving and fell asleep with a dead Liahna in his arms.

---

YEAH! WELLLLL..... it's not that bad right!?

I mean yeah I wanted it to be sad and I wanted the prophecy to play out. 

And there is still Epilogue left....so you might not want to kill me yet. I mean you should all at least know the ending, happy or sad.

Honestly, I wanted this to happen from the beginning. For him to fail his mission again and for her to oppose her evil fate for him. Killing her was required because hitting phoenix heart was.... not a viable option and not good enough in my head.

NEXT and LAST UPDATE for this book :(

MONDAY 

P.S. It will be Ivor's PoV ;)