---The Cruelty of Fate---

Start from the beginning

But he couldn't, he didn't. His otherwise strong hands trembled and he frowned at his abruptly thumping heart.

She blinked once and twice, her chest getting clenched in a tight fist making it harder for her to breathe. Her first thought of killing was for a moment replaced as he lowered his sword and tilted his head quizzically and asked, "Are you trying to seduce me, Princess?"

At that moment a tear escaped her eyes, a sharp pain shooting through her heart and mind.

She fell down clutching her head in her hand and cried, shrieked for help.

Soldiers saw the opportunity and moved closer. Ivor raised his hands to stop them feeling concern for one person he was supposed to end.

"Princess." He uttered carefully.

But Liahna kept crying hard.

Next moment her eyes shot open and she looked at Ivor, darkness has gone just tears there. It made Ivor's heartache even more.

"What?" He asked her when he was not supposed to.

He was supposed to attack her but she was so vulnerable and it felt like it was his responsibility to protect her.

"It's me or the phoenix Ivor, use the sword now, please or the darkness will consume me." She begged for a moment her mind clear and sharp.

Every moment clear in her head.

She got up and Ivor noticed a shield build around her suddenly. With trembling legs, she walked towards him and he didn't move or even think about attacking her. Instead, he allowed her to clutch the front of his shirt as he noticed the whole crowd go tense.

"Ivor, thank you for being alive, thank you for loving me and thank you for being the only support when I was alone. Just thank you." She said tears rolling down her eyes.

And then the phoenix went beserk.

"it's you or the black phoenix?" He confirmed not sure what he was thinking but the teary-eyed girl talked about loving her and thanked him and there is no way he was killing her just yet.

And she was just too good to be the ultimate evil that is to be eliminated.

The black phoenix flew over and fire spread, the dark fire started spreading. The millions of army combined from all the Kingdoms spread around the palace to handle the Princess and the Monster.

A painful pull in her gut made Liahna realize that everything will be destroyed right now. She pulled Ivor closer and gave him a soft kiss surprising him but she was even more surprised when he kissed her back and she felt like the time stopped as his warm lips healed her somehow.

The kiss broke and time restarted or maybe it never stopped.

And she was standing amidst the biggest, most destructive war.

Ivor separated himself from her and moved towards the phoenix and she realized even though he didn't remember he was still not killing her.

She saw Henley walk in and she was back to being dark and consumed by the link she had with her phoenix. The killing spree began and she started with the Henley and his army. As she walked by they dropped dead by a mere flick of her hand and Henley kept attacking but he was nowhere as powerful as her.

On the other hand, Ivor tried his best to keep people safe as he tried fighting the phoenix off. But the monster was magic and evil blend together and it killed without thought. Now so did Liahna who was not with a shield anymore but back to being the woman who attacked and killed and enjoyed it.