---The Cruelty of Fate---

ابدأ من البداية

"We should have known, you, my son have the purest soul that I have seen. We should have known that you will be the one to lift the sword." King said sounding both proud and wary.

Though it made no sense to Ivor why he would be wary, he would never kill an innocent. He only needed to kill the girl but for some reason, he was avoiding it as much as possible.

Rushed footsteps through the hall caught everyone's attention and Ivor noticed two guards enter with injuries.

"Sire, the Princess is here." They stopped to catch a breath and then continued, "With a phoenix."

The terror spread, everyone panicked. But Ivor felt a different kind of fear.

People were too scared to run and too scared to stay.

Chaos happened.

Ivor gripped his hand tighter on the sword and energy rushed through his blood making him more determined towards the mission.

He stood in the middle of the hall and Princess came to a halt, so did the terrifying black phoenix.

At this moment fate played a game, the Prince had no memories and Princess was burned in the fire of darkness hell-bent on destruction and a human with no emotions, her memories, her emotions, her mind was hazy and she stared at the indigo eyes thinking peculiar eyes.

Ivor stood there trapped in her gaze as his heart sped up. And he wondered, What was this?

As if the whole world fell in silence, they stood there staring at each other.

Ivor couldn't help but think there was something absolutely dangerously beautiful about the girl. Liahna, on the other hand, felt angrier at everything and she couldn't understand why.

"Let's start with the right, they look more in need of death." She said commanding her phoenix.

And the animal burned down the columns from the right, people started screaming and shouting and running for the lives of people.

"STOP." I Ivor yelled making Liahna actually come to a halt.

Her dark eyes flickered on the man in front of her and she felt nauseous like she would fall on the ground and every bone in her body would break into million pieces.

"Don't hurt the innocent, let's battle one on one." He challenged her.

King looked absolutely distraught at the idea while the crowd gathered to let out a collective gasp.

Liahna smirked as if this was a child's play.

"Are you sure?" She said kind of getting a weird feeling in her gut because he looked unbearably handsome.

For some reason even in this dire situation a beautiful smile stretch across his lips, "Very sure."

And then they fought. 

Ivor was surprised that she was this fast and can almost estimate his moves since he was barely visible to normal eyes. Liahna, on the other hand, was surprised to see the skilled warrior whose moves she knew, whose eyes were distracting and was emanating a warmth that was pulling her in.

It was like a dance with swords, and the crowd watched with wary and fear.

The black phoenix let out a screech and something clicked in Liahna's head. Her attacks grew fiercer now and Ivor kept blocking. Both of them realized that neither of them was in a hurry to kill.

But there came a time with Ivor's sword stopped right at her neck, both of their gazes faltered and King let out a frustrated cry.

"Ivor, kill her now." He yelled.