Chapter 7

I tossed and turned throughout the night, my bed felt empty without Violet beside me and I was still slightly confused about my feelings for her. She was the first girl I'd ever had a crush on and I didn't understand it at all. Was it wrong to like another girl? Could I tell anyone other than Louis? What would the others think? Did Violet even like me back?

I got out of bed earlier than usual and padded downstairs to eat some cereal, scrolling through social media as I did. AJ bounced down not long later and wrapped his small arms around me. 

"Good morning Clem!" He exclaimed.

I gave the boy a half smile and ruffled his hair. "Morning. Do you want me to make you breakfast?"

"I can do it myself. I'm grown up now!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yep! I tidied my room and cleaned my bed!" AJ announced with a proud smile.

I chuckled, watching as AJ headed over to get a bowl. "Good job." I praised.

My phone dinged and I picked it up to see that Violet had texted me.

Vi: {Hey Clem could u pick me up from Minnie's?}

Clem: {Sure, what time?}

Vi: {After 12?}

Clem: {Ok, see you then.}

I put my phone back on the table and sighed, my nerves crawled back and I looked at the time. 7:16am. I still had at least five hours. That would be enough time to think about what to say to the blonde, right? I hoped so.

I really hoped she felt the same way.

-

I sat in my car, waiting for someone to open the door I had only seen a few times before. After a while, I decided to get out and headed to the door.

I noticed a big sign on the side of the door where the doorbell was installed. 'Bell broke, please knock' I sighed as I knocked on the door loudly, knowing if I did it too quiet, nobody would hear me.

"I'll get it!" I heard a voice yell from inside. A few seconds later, the door opened to reveal a seemingly very happy Sophie. "Clem! Hi! Are you here to get Violet?" She asked, her ginger hair flowed just beneath her shoulders and she wore a wide grin on her face, her freckles traveled from one cheek, over the bridge of her nose, and stopped at her other cheek. Her green eyes glinted like they always did as the taller girl waited for me to reply.

"Yeah, is she ready?" I answered, looking behind the girl to see Violet walking down the stairs rather quickly.

Sophie turned around and smiled to the blonde as she walked outside.

"Thanks for letting me stay over, Soph."

"Anytime!" She beamed.

"You ready?" I asked as I turned to Violet.

"Yep. Thanks for coming to pick me up, Clem." The older girl replied to me.

We waved goodbye to Sophie before hopping into my car and driving off.

-

We were almost at the Everett household and I could feel my heart beating faster than it had ever done before. I was finally ready to tell Vi about my feelings and I couldn't be more nervous.

"I need to tell you something." Violet and I said in unison, Violet sounded a lot more excited than I did.

"Sorry, you go first." Violet said.

I shook my head, wanting to drag this out as long as possible. "No, it's ok. You go ahead."

Violet sighed, I quickly glanced at her to see her smiling from ear to ear. She took a deep breath and started to speak.

"Ok, well, as you know, I've been hanging out with Minerva a lot recently." She began.

"Go on..." I encouraged skeptically.

"Well, we are um...dating."

My heart stopped in my chest and my breath hitched in my throat. I was too late...

~

649 words

Hey look, I finally updated! Sorry it took so long and it's so short, I wanted to get something out after not uploading for so long. I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Have a good day/night