Chapter 5

*Clementine's POV*
*One week later*

I looked up from my completed Math homework to see AJ holding something up to my face and dancing stupidly. I took it out of his tiny hands and giggled quietly when I saw the title "Just dance 2019"

"You wanna play Just Dance?" I chuckled and AJ nodded enthusiastically. I got up and followed the energetic six year old into the living room where Violet and Lee were watching some boring documentary.

AJ quickly changed the TV channel, ignoring the complaints coming from Lee and Vi and put the game in the Wii. I watched as the green light flashed on the console and the TV screen turned a bright blue colour before loading up the Wii's home screen. AJ picked up one of the controllers and pointed it at the grey sensor bar, guiding the little blue hand on the screen to the game and pressing the "Start" option.

The screen went black for about five seconds before showing us the screen which tells us to strap the remote to our wrists so we don't drop it while playing. We did as it said and waited for the game to start. We were met with a white screen with the words "Just Dance 2019" sitting at the top which faded off into the starting menu.

"I'm not doing this sh-stupid game." Violet complained, stopping herself from swearing in front of Lee and AJ.

"Come on, Vi. It'll be fun." AJ said.

Violet paused for a second before letting out a frustrated sigh, "Fine."

We each filled in some things such as whether we're a boy or girl, how old we are and what our nickname is.

All four of us chose our avatars while we created our profiles, I picked a little panda avatar, AJ chose a pirate, Violet chose this weird pepper looking thing and Lee picked a carrot which had big goofy eyes.

"Why did you pick a carrot?" AJ asked, laughing at Lee's strange choice of avatar.

"I like carrots." He shrugged.

After choosing our avatar we then got shown the 'Where are you from?' screen and I clicked on the United States flag while AJ excitedly chanted, "USA! USA!"

Finally, we were shown the songs we were able to dance to. I flicked through a few of them and landed on 'Rhythm of the night'.

"Yes! Play that one Clem!" AJ shouted.

The song quickly loaded and in a few seconds, me, Vi, AJ and Lee were standing in front of the TV, remotes in hand and eagerly waiting for the song to start.

When it did, we all followed the steps. The first few were holding our hands out, I extended my left hand to the side before retracting it back in, repeating the same with my right hand afterwards. Then I brought both hands out and slowly back in before throwing them in the air.

We did the same thing again and followed a few more of the steps. The character on the TV put one hand to her temple and extended the other to the side before pulling it back in, while also turning her foot outwards and back in again.

And then we all had to squat while throwing our hands behind our heads repeatedly. We all burst into fits of giggles, especially when Lee struggled and fell onto his backside with a thud. I did all the steps as best I could, trying to beat AJ who seemed to be doing better than all of us and was really into it.