"Y-Yeah.. Okay.."

Once the boy had calmed himself down and they had gotten up off the floor, Natasha interlocks their hands, leading Bucky out to the school doors where Tony was waiting for them.

"Thank you so much for calling me, Nat." Tony mumbles, closing Bucky's door behind him. "I- I can't imagine how scary it must've been."

Natasha waves him off. "It's okay.. I.. I did panic a little bit but I'm fine. As long as Bucky's okay, I'm okay." She smiles, patting his shoulder. "Anyway, I should get to class before my parents are called."

"Oh— yes yes, go. Thanks so much again."

"No problem. Make sure he's okay.. yeah?"

Tony nods. "Of course." He gives the girl a tight lipped smile before getting into the Ute himself and driving them both home.

Tony leads Bucky quietly into the lounge, sitting him down on the couch and pressing a quick kiss to the crown of his head. "Do you.. do you want a hot chocolate?" He whispers.

Bucky nods softly. "Please."

"Okay.. I'll be two ticks."

Tony keeps his word and returns back into the lounge a few minutes later, clutching a mug that had steam flowing out the top.

He hands his son the mug of hot chocolate he had made for him, smiling at the small thank you that left the boys mouth before taking a sip. Tony takes a seat beside Bucky, leaving a small space between them just in case he didn't want to be smothered and sighs. "I know you probably don't want to talk about what happened in the bathrooms but... I.. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.. okay? I just— I want to know if your okay or if you aren't..."

Bucky places down the mug and bites his lower lip. "I.. I fainted.." He whispers. "And I woke up and Nat was sorta holding me in her lap and I freaked out... I— i- I felt.. I felt his hands-"

Tony wraps his arms around the boy in an instant as he begins to weep. "Shh Shh it's okay, it's okay I've got you.. I.. Ive got you.."

Bucky held on tightly to his father, whimpering and sniffling into his chest. "It just feels like I'm going in circles." He whispers. "I'm fine for a few days and then I'm back at where I started! It feels like I'm never going to recover from what that asshole did to me."

"You're not going in circles, Buck." Tony whispers. "You are making progress in a spiral."

"Wh— What?"

"I mean.. I mean that you do come back around to where you were at the start, since recovery and grieving take time," Tony explains, "but every time you come back around to that point you're a little higher up because you've got more experience, more knowledge, and more strength. You are making progress, Bucky."

Those simple yet meaningful words seem to sink into Bucky's bloodstream, flowing through his veins and hitting his heart. It creates another onslaught of tears and he grips tightly at his father's shirt, shaking.

They stayed like that until Bucky's sobs quietened into small sniffs. Tony pulls away, his face softening at the wide eyed expression on Bucky's tear stained face. "It's all gonna be okay.. I'm right here with you till the very end. I love you so so much Buck."

Bucky whimpers. "I- I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. I've put you through so much.. I- I can't imagine how you feel..- knowing that— that I feel the way I do— I-"

Tony hushes him. "Don't you dare apologise to me, James." He says sternly, holding Bucky close. "This isn't your fault. Not at all. You told him no. Repeatedly. And he didn't listen. There is no one to blame but him, okay? Stop blaming yourself over something you tried to stop."