three seconds

One thing I do for sure is to write every moment in my life and keep them in a notebook. I can't count how many poems I have written and pens and papers I have used.

Nine knows I write but he doesn't have any idea I have been writing him since the last summer.

I can't help but to hold the pen and start to write every memories I can remember together with him.

Because I have learned to love every words I write, I have also realized the love I have for him.

I can't contain the mixed emotions I feel because his head is rested on my chest. We were still on my bed. We spent hours of talking like we normally do and he drifted to sleep.

His skin is turning red from the numbness. He told me he was exhausted and he needed time to rest and a break from school stuffs. That is why he went to me though it's late at night.

As I stare at his face I noticed all the things I haven't seen before. Like the arch of his thick eyebrows and the high of his cute nose.

I took a long deep breath and bit my lips from nervousness. I was trying to tell my heart to stay calm. To not cause any dumb rapid heartbeats to not wake him up.

But he woke up groaning as he wipe his eyes and face with his palms. His left cheek red.

"Sorry..." He muttered and I told him don't be.

He sat down and placed one of his hands on the back of his head and closed his eyes. I just noticed that his eyelashes are long or probably longer than the girls' I know.

"Hey, Joong, what time is it?"

"Don't worry. You still have enough time to sleep. It's 2:00 in the morning."

I heard him sigh. I moved my foot towards his and we had a battle of our feet.

In a blink of an eye, we were brought back to our childhood. We were both two young kids unaware of the war of the chaotic world. We were just us, two young bodies, showered with happiness as we play and get tired from playing.

I'm glad to see him smile and hear his giggles bounce on the four corners of the room. I wish him all the happiness and hope that he is genuinely happy to the things he does.

This is that moment, right? Like all lovers do. Play, smile, laugh, and cry with joy. This is that moment you were supposed to kiss after the flirting. This is that moment every lovers do.

"Okay, I surrender! I accept defeat!" He yelled while laughing out loud. I was on top of him, my hands on the both of his to stop him from moving. I was pinning him on the bed with my weight and tickling his neck with the spikes of my hair.

"It's enough, Joong! Stop! It tickles!" He chuckled and I don't want to stop to hear his laughter.

But I stopped from tickling him. I was still on the top of him, staring at his flushed face from laughing. Our faces about to touch.

I know. It's that moment, right?

I know.

And I like this moment.

I was out of my head and my heart was up to the clouds dancing on its own.

I moved my head slowly and eventually put mine to his to kiss him.

The world was asleep and we were wide-awake, cramped at the bed on my messy room, drunk from the feelings we have, kissing.