7. s p e l l z

3.5 k words because I love y'all 🕺🏾

We just got out the shower together and the door bell rung

"Can you get that please? Make sure it's your mama first."

He nodded and headed down to get the door. I heard small chit chat as I finished getting dressed. I made my way downstairs slowly trying not to make it obvious to my mother in law that her son just fucked up my walk.

I walked into the living room where they were and walked over to hug her.

"Hey Cleo how are you?" She chuckled.

"I think I should be asking you that. Boy it's been 300 years you shoulda went easy on her." Jahseh giggled at that.

"W-how do you know?" I said shocked.

"Your mom, myself and the other elders talk about your dry spell often. Thank goodness you finally got some!"

"It's not a dry spell! It's just that...I didn't like any of the other guys okay?"

"Rakim liked you but you were too blind to realize. He's loved you ever since you stood up for him in kindergarten."

I got teary eyed thinking about him..I wonder did he really die? Maybe I could bring him back...I can't believe I just let them fight like that and did nothing.

Jahseh walked over to me and comforted me as his mother started to read him.

"Oh no..." Cleo said looking terrified.

"What's wrong?" Jahseh questioned.

His mom can read him like a book, he doesn't know how to hide his actions with a shield like the rest of us.

"Tell me you didn't." No response.

"Stoney tell me he didn't!"

"I don't know if he's really dead or not but...he did."

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Such a reckless hothead just like your father was when we met." She slapped his chest.

"I wasn't gonna let him get away with what he did. Not to my wife."

I shook my head telling Jahseh not to say anything. I want people to remember him for the good not the bad especially if the bad has to do with me.

"Stoney what'd he do?" She said shaking me getting loud.

"H-he just lost his temper." I lied.