Asking you out - Hiccup

// Set at the end of HTTYD

It'd been a month and a half. Hiccup still hadn't come out of his coma yet. You, Stoick and Gobber would always take turns checking on him and taking care of the lovable Night Fury, Toothless. You would fly him at least three times a day, and made sure he was fed some Icelandic cod. You were very worried about the son of your chief. The last thing you'd said to him was "you're my best friend."

You were taking your turn looking over Hiccup, making sure he was comfortable and whatnot. You couldn't help but feel guilty, even though Stoick had convinced you it wasn't your fault. Still...it didn't take away the hurt. Even the chief could see the love you had for his son in your eyes. Everyone could; it only went unnoticed by Hiccup himself. You had just came back upstairs to get some more water for a vase of flowers you put at Hiccup's bedside table, when the sight before you made you drop the water in your hands.

There, in all his glory was Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. He was awake! The thud of the cup of water caught Hiccup's attention, and made him look over at you. You had your hands covering your mouth, eyes wide with tears in them. "Y/N? What're you doing in my house? And what is Toothless doing in my house? Does my dad know you're both here?" He asked suddenly. You couldn't get a word out, but instead you walked up to him and sat down next to him, giving him a hug. He hugged back, unaware of the tears falling down your cheeks.

"I missed you." You mumbled softly. Hiccup pulled back from the hug, and wiped away your tears. "I didn't really go anywhere. But I'm glad to see you." He said, completely unaware of his prosthetic leg. You smiled gently, holding his slightly larger hands in yours. "Hey, Y/N? Would you mind spending some time with me in Raven's Point later? Like...like a date?" He asked awkwardly. You nodded and kissed his cheek. "I'd be honored to Hiccup Haddock." You said before he looked under the covers of his bed.

He'd seen his prosthetic leg. You carefully extended a hand towards him, seeing Toothless nudge it a bit with his nose. With you and the Night Fury on either side of him, Hiccup was able to slowly make his way out of the house. You were excited. For one, Hiccup was awake. And two...the boy asked you on a date.