34. You Are the Reason

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe
And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
-You Are the Reason
-Calum Scott

•••••

Violet Mason:
You do realize graduation is only in a week right?

Riley Carter:
Yes...are you ready?

Violet Mason:
Do I look like I'm ready?!

Riley Carter:
It's literally walking on a stage, collecting a scroll of paper and smiling for a photo. All you have to worry about is trying not to fall.

Violet Mason:
Great. Just great.

I lazily dragged myself off of my comfy bed and onto my feet, wrinkling my nose when I smelt my pyjamas. I refused to change into more suitable clothes...or rather clean clothes, after I took a bath that morning.

I walked the short distance to my desk pressed up against the wall and connected my phone to the charging point. My phone pinged with another message from Violet and I grinned when I read it.

Violet Mason:
Picking you up in a few, wear something decent ; )

Riley Carter:
Ok x

I rolled my eyes at her message but then again felt it was necessary for her to tell me to look nice after the clothes I had been wearing for the past occasions we had gone out.

Since Ryder and I had split, I didn't feel the need to dress nicely since I wasn't looking for anyone anyways. Not that I dressed nicer before Ryder and I had met.

Come to think of it, my sense of style was horrible since day one. It didn't change whether I was in a relationship or not.

I walked barefoot to my wardrobe, my feet cool on the hard wooden floors. I was grateful for the sudden coolness, Grey's Town had been blistering hot for the past week. Sometimes I just felt like walking around naked but I hadn't gotten around to doing just that.

The heat resulted in me exhausting myself faster than usual and as a consequence, I slept most of my days away. I didn't mind, when I was awake it reminded me I didn't have anything to do anyways.

It was easier to go through my days now that I was sleeping them away, I hardly thought of Ryder making it easier to block him out. All I was waiting for was this year to end so that I could move onto my university and forget about all of this.

It would be easier there, the memories would fade faster.

I picked out a yellow frilly blouse and paired it up with ripped sky blue shorts and white flip flops. After I changed out of my light cotton pyjamas and into my clothes I suddenly felt overwhelmed with heat.