𝟙𝟡. 𝕍𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕞

Start from the beginning

"And what makes you say that?" I retort with a tick mark appearing. Why exactly would I work with him when he's put me through hell and back? He leans in.

"Unfortunately...you don't have a choice."

That's when the door burst open and one of the doctors inserted a needle by my shoulder making me screech in pain. It was the familiar venom of tracker jackers and a sedative or some sort of drug to put me out. I tried to struggle and fight back, however the doctors had a strong grip on me. I soon blacked out after one more cry of agony.

Cato's P.O.V.

I woke up in one of the District 13 beds staring at a dim lit ceiling. I subconsciously felt around for (Y/N), the one who keeps me sane, but felt nothing. I still couldn't believe what happened. She was taken from me by the Capitol, along with some of the other's confidantes. I knew sitting in bed all day would do nothing... so I got up and ready. A commander named Boggs came in shortly afterwards with Katniss, bringing me to go meet someone named President Coin.

After heading to the elevator, we immediately discovered Beetee there along with Finnick. I took a seat while Katniss stayed up, and Plutarch appeared with an older woman with silver hair. Something about this woman seemed off to me. Though for reasons I wouldn't know. She shook Katniss's hand and had told her about something including being the Mockingjay, though I didn't take the time to pay attention until after she stormed off, saying something around the lines of 'You should've saved Peeta.'

Coin seemed displeased with Katniss at the time. Finnick then spoke up. "She has a point...our motivation and chances of doing propos for the camera are very low with who's been taken." He was right. A girl named Annie was his sweetheart, his everything, and she was taken to the Capitol too. Coin sighed and had a discussion with Plutarch. At this time, I decided to go to the cafeteria along with Finnick to get something to eat.

A few days later.

We all had been in the cafeteria and whilst eating, a special announcement from the Capitol came on. It was Caesar Flickerman with Peeta Mellark, and they were having an interview about what had happened in the games. Katniss's face had turn to shock and relief seeing him alive. Something was off though. The others in the cafeteria started shouting words like 'Traitor!' To Peeta. As Peeta was suggesting a ceasefire. Something was off, Peeta would never say that, and I've only known him for a few weeks tops. What has been happening? Please... tell me (Y/N) is ok...

Back in the Capitol, (Y/N)'s P.O.V.

Pain. That's all I could feel.

The feeling of tracker jackers venom pulsed through me, and the fact that I was being told weird information was difficult to put together. But the venom was making me think things that might not even be true. Cato... was trying to kill me? No... no no. He wouldn't. He just... I don't believe it... but how can I know for sure? He...had almost killed me before... and... no one has come to save me or anyone here yet..

But the pictures, films, and venom they show me isn't the worst torture they've given me. They've... made me scared of white rooms. How is this possible?

Well... they left me in a padded room after they inject the poison and finish their mind games with me, and since the tracker venom is so powerful.. they try to alter my fear of anything into the people I think I've known for most my life..and makes my hallucinations turn into people I care about hurting me... or even worse. Black figures, who I've called demons walking towards, or even just staring at me. And some of these figures are actual people that do harm or torture me. So my brain can no longer tell anymore what is real and what isn't.

A week after this torture I had seen bugs or spiders (that apparently aren't real) appearing on me, and I've been trying to dig into my skin to take them out. I guess the insanity really is getting to me...haha... oh, there's one more thing I forgot to mention. When they found out, I was forced to wear this straight jacket to stop me from harming myself. Apparently, they are the only ones allowed to hurt me. No one else.

There's another problem. I don't know how the others are. I've been isolated from everyone, meaning I could scream as much as I want and no one would hear me. I want to know where the others are. I want to know they're safe. I want to go home, to Cato, to my sisters. Let me out of here...

Cato's P.O.V. (Time skip a few weeks)

We had gathered to the square where Coin would make an important announcement. By this point, Finnick and I had gotten along very well, even though we both looked like messes. Hair messy, bags under our eyes... yeah, you know what I mean.

"Katniss has decided that she will be our mockingjay under a circumstance. The victors rescued out of the Capitol will be rescued at the earliest opportunity and be granted full immunity."

This had sprouted lots of disagreement, but I couldn't be more happier. I would be able to see (Y/N) again. I could hold her in my arms soon. I turned to Katniss and nodded my head in a thank you manner. I looked down at the ground and muttered angrily. "I swear to f*cking god, if Katniss doesn't kill Snow I'll kill him myself for putting my baby in whatever she's going through."

And that's a promise.
.
.
.
.
.

Time skip ahead, after Katniss has broadcasted herself and after the rescue mission was held. (Because I'm not gonna write unnecessary stuff and I'm feeling lazy)

I sat in my room until Haymitch had entered my room. I had been sitting on my bed staring at the ground, recalling past memories of (Y/N) and I together. I looked at him with hope. "They're back." I immediately sprung up and followed Haymitch to where the rescued tributes were. I don't know where Katniss is and where Peeta is, but I spotted a bald Johanna with multiple nurses, along with Annie and Finnick kissing each other. So where is my baby? Johanna noticed my desperation and pointed to an enclosed room. I walked in there as quick as I can. It was a small white room with a seat. There were no doctors in here, and my love's back was turned to face me, sitting on the chair.

"(Y-Y/N)...oh my god it's really you...-" I gasped. She turned towards me with dull eyes piercing into me. She looked so much skinnier than usual, and her face looked bruised, swollen, and monotone until she saw me. Her eyes widened and she stood up in alarm. I noticed herself tense up and her fists curled up, as if she was about to attack me. I put my hands up in defence. "Woah... (Y/N)... what happened to you?"

"Ca...to?" She asked, her voice weak and cracking. I nodded, taking a careful step forward. She took a step backward. "How do I know it's really you?" She tested. I stopped any progression in trying to embrace her. I needed to prove it was the real me she was talking to and not some rando. "The night before we went into the arena for the first time... I had given you my grey sweater and comforted you before we went to that hellhole. And you kept it with you ever since." I explained with sincere honesty.

Her eyes widened a little and she backed into one of the walls, gripping her head as tight as she could. I walked over to her to try and help calm her down, until she shoved me away.

"DON'T GO NEAR ME!!" She screamed, as if trying to protect me. What the hell did she go through?! I swear when I get to the Capitol I will have Snow's head. (Y/N) gripped her head violently. "Please... Cato... darling... leave before I h-hurt you... and... get someone to restrain me..." Tears started to fall down her beautiful face as she whispered loud enough for me to hear. I nodded and was about to leave before turning back to my love. "I love you." And then I left to go get someone to help her.

What I never realized was that if I stayed a little longer, I would've heard her repeat the same words to me.

And it's done. Now if you have decided to make a comment on some events that haven't happened in the past, then listen to me. I am re-editing this story, and changing some things that have happened. So it will be weird for the time being, but please be patient. I will be going to fix all the other chapters before continuing to write more. Thank you again for reading this!

-Kai, the creator of this cringe (at the beginning) book.