Not Even I Can Deny.

Nice to see you didn't get bored of the introduction. Actually interested? Anyways, just a heads up about this chapter: This is a filler on Aries' life after her accident, sort of like a memory that you get to read about. Enjoy, hopefully! By the way, you may come across typos here and there. I'm typing this on my tablet's virtual keyboard and sometimes I over look things when double checking for mistakes.

Picture on the side/top is Aries

Frost coated the edges of the glass of the car as I sat in the black vehicle, my chin resting in the palm of my hand as I leaned against the window. Scarlet eyes followed the footprints left in the soft, virgin snow that belonged to my dearest friend. His locks of burnt brown appeared to be unphased by the harsh winter winds as it lashed out viciously through the trees. Although it didn't seem like it, Kaname was filled to the brim with happiness, knowing he was going to see someone very important to him.

Yuki.

Daughter of Haruka and Juri Kuran. Kaname's sister and fiance. I was the only one aware of her situation, it seemed. I didn't entirely agree with Juri's decision, but it was the right thing to do in their case. As of now, Yuki was a human, no longer a vampire anymore until the seal breaks with a single bite, not just from anyone though of course. It was a shame that in the process, she had lost her memories. With that happening, Kaname was pained even more than before. But nevertheless he still loved her unconditionally.

The door to the house in the distance swung open to reveal Kaien Cross, frantically waving his arms around in distress. Something about today was different. When I had heard Kaname was going to visit the mad man about Yuki having a problem, Kaname rushed to the car, Takuma and I on his heel. When I saw my friend's figure disappear in the house, I let out an exhausted sigh and tore my gaze away from the window, closing my eyes for a moment.

"Everything all right, Aries?" Takuma asked curiously. I silently made a gesture with my hand, eyes still closed.
"Did you not want to come along?" Again I didn't say anything, but only shrugged. It was Takuma's turn to let out a sigh this time. "Don't tell me you won't talk anymore. Are you reverting on me again?" I felt bad for Takuma. Even if he didn't admit it, I knew full well my actions were causing him some stress. When I first came to live with him, I didn't speak to anyone for two months.

"If I hadn't wanted to come, I wouldn't be here with you, now would I,  Takuma?" I looked over at him with sorry filled eyes. Relief washed over his features. "No, I suppose not," he softly said as a wide smile was plastered on his face. In return I gave him a small, barely even there one, and so we waited after that.

Half an hour later, Kanane appeared just outside my window. I scooted over in my seat, allowing him to open the door and sit in my previous spot. His face was tinged red, as if he had been out of breath. Takuma must've noticed as well, because he was the one to break the silence that had passed over us as we drove down the street. "So Kaname. How was Yuki?" A smile was playing on Kaname's lips as he told us what happened inside the house. It seemed Yuki wasn't speaking to Kaien for a week. So of course he resulted to Kaname for help. Luckily there was nothing wrong with her, other than her not knowing how to put clothes on correctly by herself. Silly little girl.. But it was that silliness that brought laughter to even Lord Kaname. (Hence why his face was flushed)

°Several years later (two weeks before Cross Academy opens)°

"Where were you two." It was more of a statement, a demand, rather than a question. Ichijo was standing atop of the grand stair case. I cringed back ever so slightly, not so much that the two aristocrats would notice. I've never liked Ichijo. No one really did. "Well?" His faded blue eyes bore into us, and grunted as he descended the stairs towards us. On instincts, I quickly lashed out my small hand, latching onto the sleeve of Takuma's cream jumper. Obviously realizing I was getting uncomfortable with every step Ichijo was taking, he answered his grandfather's previous question. "We were with Kanane, grandfather. We just dropped him off at his estate." Luckily that did stop him in his tracks. "Visiting that headmaster again?"  Takuma nodded whilst Ichijo's eyes darted from him to me. Mentally, I shuddered under his gaze and avoided eye contact with him. After what seemed like an eternity, Ichijo finally spun on his heels and up the stairs again to his office. But before he could close the doors, he added in a serious tone, "Lady Aries, Takuma, there will be another Soiree this night. I expect to see you there. Especially tonight, Kaname has requested your appearances at the party." The sound of heavy double doors shutting echoed throught out the manor.