So Now You Know.

Hello everyone, this will be my first fanfic that is related to anime, and I know full well that when you watch series, sometimes the subtitles show a name being spelled differently. For example; some episodes spell Yuuki, other times it spells out as Yuki or Yuke. I don't read the manga series, so I don't know which one is the correct form, therefore I'm going to go off of what I see and think is right, right? I don't own any original character of Vampire Knight, other than Aries, and some other OCs' that will be mentioned along the way. And now I'm guessing no one really bothered to read this author note, so just carry on to the introduction. Hope you enjoy!

Never had I thought, even imagined, my life would take its turn to the deep end. Have it swerve into a never ending dream only to then reveal itself as a nightmare of reality. Who could have guessed the only child of the infamous Pureblood family, would survive the Sinclair massacre?

Amongst the vampires it is considered the greatest taboo to kill a Pureblood. So you can imagine how every vampire reacted to the news. But that didn't change the minds of those who detested the Sinclairs'. They were viewed as a harmful threat to both the vampire and human race. Despite the hatred towards us, there was nothing they could do other than blindly follow our command. After all, vampires can't go against Purebloods.

It had been several years since the incident, and during that time I was taken under Asato Ichijo's wing. He was one of the Senates, the Superior Council among the vampires. And above the members of the council, Ichijo had proven himself to have the most seniority. Other than him, I had a step brother, whose name was Takuma Ichijo. He was kind hearted who tried his damndest to make me feel welcome in hopes I come out of my shell of isolation.

It took quite the time for me to adjust to the new living habits; as well as the expectations Ichijo had for me. This included attending soirées, much to my disliking. I was never one to socialize, especially in heavy crowds of strangers. Each event I came to with Ichijo and Takuma, I would always be swarmed by Nobles, pestering me to take their sons' hand in marriage. Luckily Takuma had best timing to pull me away, knowing full well how timid I get when it came to talking to those I was unfamiliar with.

Several time Takuma pleaded to Ichijo that I should stay home, and rest. But that wasn't acceptable according to his grandfather. I suspected Ichijo wanted to introduce me to the other Pureblood, known as Kaname Kuran. He never attended these ridiculous get togethers much. Out of every soirée I came to, I had only seen him five times. Twice when we were young, when he came with his parents, Haruka and Juri Kuran. The rest were after his fateful tragedy. It was in those three times that we bonded over our sadness and loss of loved ones. It was enough time for us to consider each other close friends with quite the trust in one another.

Life went on after that. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was still the Pureblooded girl whose family was killed, still lived with the Ichijos, and still friends with the 'loved by all' Pureblood Kaname. Nothing out of the ordinary. Until the idea of Cross Academy came to my attention. The academy was thought out by a mad man who was strongly convinced he could create the perfect atmosphere of coexisting vampires and humans together. I of course believed it was the most idiotic idea known to man. However I enrolled myself into Cross Academy simply to help Kaname support Kaien Cross' belief. If two Purebloods wanted coexistence between humans and bloodsucking beasts, the Nobles will want that as well for their sons and daughters.

My name is Aries Sinclair. I am the sole survivor of the Sinclair massacre, the shut in girl born in royalty. So now you know.