He needed to check on the horses. It was light enough for him to see clearly. So, staying alert and observing everything, he made his way to the trailer. The horses were huddled together in the back of the trailer. As he passed, they watched him with slightly widened eyes. No animal really liked storms. Talking to them calmly, he checked on their water. The rain had helped keep their buckets full. He cursed a little for not thinking about filling their own water rations. He'd just been so worried about Sean. Glancing out at the surrounding area, he bit his lip. There really weren't any thick patches of grass. Taking Becky back into the store, he grabbed the last bucket on the shelf and looked around. Most of the veggies had gone bad without the fridges and gas stations weren't known for carrying farm animal food. He was starting to give up hope on being able to feed them, when snack bags of dried fruits caught his eyes. Shrugging he piled them into his bucket, he avoided anything covered in chocolate and took cereal boxes with grains and dried fruits.

Horses ate sugar cubes and licked salt blocks... So, he wasn't too worried that cereals like Raisin Bran and Special K would be too bad. It just had to tide them over for now until they could get back on the road. Pouring the food into the bucket, he stirred it as best he could to make it even. Saying a soft prayer for anyone listening, he carried the bucket up the ramp to the horses. Slipping in, he held the bucket to coax them into eating it. Barney was the first to sniff the bucket curiously, before taking the risk to munch on some of it. When he pulled his nose back to chew, Mark chuckled. Cereal oats were sticking to his nose. Seeing he was eating, the mare moved closer to get some and he turned the bucket for her to try some. She ate a bit more greedily than Barney, but Barney waited his turn. He tried to ration it between them, but the mare was very pushy. Barney did get as much as he could though. After they emptied the bucket, they began to guzzle their water down. Mark wedged between them to get their bridles, when he heard the truck door open and close.

Mark hung the bridles back up, feeling tense, until Sean walked into sight. Sean sleepily rubbed his eyes, asking him a bit strained. "What are you doing?" Mark took one of the bridles off the wall, replying honestly. "I wanted to check on the horses and feed them. I thought we'd be heading out soon." Sean shot a glance at the horses, mumbling out. "Mark... I know you want to keep going, but I can't ride..." Mark hefted the bridle, telling him with a smirk. "Let's fix that." Sean's eyes widened in fear. Mark moved to the Mare, coaxing her to put her bridle on. Taking the reins, he walked her down the ramp. Sean closed the door before Barney followed her out, sternly snapping at him. "Mark... Can't I just ride with you?" Mark rolled his eyes, walking the mare out in a wide circle as he told him seriously. "No. We'll travel faster if we aren't loading down one horse. Come on. You'll love it." Sean crossed his arms stubbornly, retorting coldly. "Ya... I love getting bucked off." Mark stopped the mare to tell him warmly. "These are beginner horses. They are nicer to new riders."

Sean shook his head, causing Mark to say firmly. "Sean, don't make me beg. Just try." Sean dragged his feet over to the horse, unfolding his arms. Mark held her reins tight, informing him confidently. "Grab the horn. Put your left foot in this stirrup and lean forward over the saddle as you swing over. Otherwise, you'll pull the saddle down and you'll hurt her. Think Indian burn by saddle." Sean snorted darkly but did as instructed. Once he was in the saddle, Mark moved closer. Placing a hand on Sean's thigh, he told him calmly. "Good. Relax. Keep your heels facing down. If you fall off, you want your foot to slide out. Not in. Keep one hand on the horn and just get to know her for a minute." Sean gripped the horn, mumbling out nervously. "I don't know about this, Mark... How am I supposed to get to know an animal this big?" Mark reached out to take his hand, then pressed it to the mare's damp neck. The misty rain was soaking them all bit. Keeping his hand pressed to her, he told Sean sweetly. "Think of her like a big dog. She understands how you feel by listening and watching you."