Making a run for it.

I release my arms from the door and plop onto the ground. I start moving knowing that I have limited time before they notice me or my absence. Getting to a corner in the hall I peer down, an agent. I fold my knees to my chest and breathe slowly, and quietly, as I hear his steps approach my position.

    "What're you doin' here?" He starts grabbing at me, I grab his arm and before he can react I twist my  body putting as much weight as possible on the arm, topppling him down. Instinctively he drops the gun on his way down, I snatch it quickly and crawl away a little. The I spot him reaching for something.

    "We got a 184, repeat we got a 184." Great. I realise the safty on the gun and shot him in the leg. It should at least slow him down. I slide the gun across the room knowing it'd slow me down. I start moving again, scootching down the hall as alarms scream at me, and the lights flashing red. I move as quickly as I can without my wheelchair, hoping they won't find me.

    "You're not supposed to be here." I turn around, Madame Hydra, where'd she come from?

    "Or course not, I'm supposed to be at school or something." She takes out her gun.

"Hands behind your head." I slowly follow her instructions, with a clenched jaw. I hear more steps approaching. A couple agents come and pick me up, the alarms still on high alert, I don't take my eyes off her as she puts the gun away. I notice something circular on her back. "Elizabeth, next time, I suggest that you don't try to be a hero." Like self preservation makes me some hero.

"Why'd she listen to you." I strong, masculine, and extremely familial voice says a ways down the hall.

"Dad?!" I turn my head to see him standing there.

"Get away from her!" Madame Hydra turns to face him, I notice she has my dad's shield on her back. I watch her as she slowly reaches for her gun. Dad rushes to tackle her. BANG! She gets out from under him, and he stands up. He's bleeding, I struggle, one of the agents pushes me to the other as he runs to aid Madame Hydra. The agent still holding me starts walking off whilst my dad is distracted.

Think, think, think. I push one of my arms back as far as I can, then I thrust it forward, breaking his grip.  I grab the arm that is still holding me, and knock him off balance, I then wrap my hands around his throat and I keep them there until he passes out.

After he's out I grab the gun from his holster and head towards the fight. Madames Hydra doesn't seem to have her gun anymore, but she somehow is still holding her own with my dad. I take the safety off and aim it at her.

"Dad! watch out" I shoot the gun at her and it hits her leg, knocking her off her feet. I drop the now hot gun, my ears ringing.

"I believe this is mine" he breaks the silence, then takes his shield back from her now unconscious body asI try to still my now shacking hand.

"Dad, your arm, it's bleeding bad."

"I'll live."

"Dad-"

    "Elizabeth, we need to get out." I solemnly nod. He comes and picks me up and holds me mostly with his good arm and starts running again.

    "Do we even have a plan?!"

    "Yeah," He ducks behind a corner "Escape." Because that worked last time. Once he saw to cost was clear he started off again. "I was told they were moving you.

    "I-They did, I was in a truck for a few hours minimum."

    "So they tricked us bo-" He puts a finger to my lips.

    "Stay put" He whispers as he puts me down.

    I close my eyes as I listen to the thuds of the kicking and punching, and the clang of his shield, but pretty soon it resides. I open and he comes back and hoists me up.

    "But why would they do that?" I hold him tightly.

    "So I wouldn't try to escape."

    "Because you wouldn't want me to," I pause, die, a chill creeps up my back.

    "That was the idea."

    "But, but you,"

    "I knew they wouldn't, if they did they'd have no leverage." I feel the blood drain from my face, so I buried it in his shoulder.