Only Human

I'm still waiting in my cell, with no telling how long I've been here, or how long I'll stay. No escape to be found yet. The quiet is driving me crazy, although, not literally. The sounds of them walking down the hall makes me jump, despite being around 50 feet away. I lie with my ear to my arm, listening to the rhythmic pumping of my pulse, which is strangely calming, though, it eventually makes my hand numb. I roll over allowing it to feel again, even if 'feeling' means feeling like there's a thousand needles poking at it.

    The fear slowly starts creeping back in, breath slowly becomes increasingly unsteady, I close my eyes and a small warm tear creep down my cheek, I can't stay like this. Placing my upper hand onto the ground, I push myself up, and proceed to wipe the remainder of the tear off my face. I steady my breath, and watch out the barred door, when I hear someone walking, they keep coming closer.

    If he doesn't we may have to hurt you. I grab a fist full of dust and pebbles as my breath grows erratic, I'm being irrational, I have to be irrational. This can't be happening. I spot the agent turn around the corner to my cell. I push myself away from the door, and close my eyes trying to block everything out. He's close, and still getting closer. He stops and I hear metallic rattling, I force my eyes open to open to see him standing next to my door fiddling with his keys.

    "C'mon where is it?" I hear him mutter, I pause for a moment before chuckling, as if I forgot my thoughts from mere seconds ago. Intentional or not he lightened the mood, at least a little. He eventually settled on a key and unlocked the door, snapping me back into the moment, my muscles tensed, hy hair standing on end. As he approached me, I backed far as I could, trying to dodge his advances.

    "Stop it, You're just going to get yourself in more trouble." I paused a moment, it was weird to have an Hydra agent acting human instead of the faceless goons I heard in my Dad's stories, saw on TV, and even sat next to on my way here. He grabbed my arm and hoisted me up till my feet no longer felt the ground and carried me off, I struggled a little but stopped when he tightened his grip.

    We stopped in front of a room, much like me cell, but larger, lit, and with a handcuff stuck to the floor, he dropped me inside and forced my hand into the cuff, then left. I sat up shaking and glanced around, in the corner with the entrance is a security camera. I large man walked in, he was at least 6 foot, and cold. I instinctively yanked at the chain, which, shock and awe, won't budge, but I get as far away from him as possible, as if it'd actually achieve something.