Out alive.

"We're here." He says as we enter a room filled with various forms of transportation. He slides into one of the many transport trucks and places me in the seat beside him. (Hot wire scene)

    We quickly pull out of the base and onto the road, he's keeps the speed up and maneuvers to avoid getting the vehicle shot, or crashed into. By the time we get out of the base they already got some people to try and chase us down. I hold on to my seatbelt and the dashboard to try and keep my body from being flung around by the speeding vehicle.

    "You could've hurt someone."

    "What?" I look at him confused

    "With the gun," he adds, "we were both really close to her, if the bullet ricocheted-"

    "It could have hit one of us..."I finish the sentence as he takes another sudden turn flinging me into the door, "I-I wasn't think I'm-"

    "I know just-"he sighs "Try to be more careful next time, okay?" I nod and stare out the window, eventually we seem to have lost them, and the ride calms down. We sit for a while in silence, enjoying the peace, looking for signs to tell us where we are. I look at my dad, and notice his arm again.

    "Dad your arm it's still, uh." He quickly glances at his arm that's now nearly covered in red.

    "Look around, see if you can find a first aid kit."I search the truck, eventually finding a kit in an overhead compartment.

    "Found one." He nods in response, a few minutes later he pulls into a gas station. He takes over his suit's top leaving him in an undershirt, and I help him bandage his arm with what's found in the kit. Once we're done he takes out an ATM card that he kept under his tank top.

    "I'm going to ask if there's a place to stay tonight, and , did they feed you?" My stomach growls in response, I haven't even thought of food and the rush. "I'll also grab something to eat, hold tight okay." I nod and watch him go inside.

    In the minutes he spends inside I adjust my position, hoping that I don't already have a pressure sore, and keep my eyes on the mirrors. eventually I see him come out in a tourist shirt holding a bag, he climbs in next to me and hands me the bag. Chips and water bottles. I rip open one of the bags and starts eating.

    "They didn't have a lot of options, but he did say there was a motel a few minutes from here." I nod, my mouth already filled with chips.

    He climbs in and after a few more fistfuls of chips, I open a water bottle and chip bag for him, placing the chips by his seat, and the bottle in the cup holder. Noticing he snacks on them too. After a minute I start to lean on the window, my energy suddenly feeling drained, but I fight to at least keep my eyes open until we get there.

    Before long, my eyes jerk open as we take a sharp turn into the motel parking lot. I push myself upright in my seat. I smile realizing we finally got somewhere, I reach over and unbuckle allowing me to stretch...some.

    "I'll go in and get a room." I nod, and realize I have to stay here for now. The last thing we want is to draw attention at the moment, and nothing will draw said attention as much as a large injured man carrying around his nearly teenage daughter around. Wait, I was probably there for a couple of days, my birthday, I am 13 now. I gulp, I spent my birthday in a Hydra prison, I wonder if it even occurred to Dad.

    After a while he comes out and comes to the truck, I open the door and I climb into his arms, because as much as I hate being carried, it's better than dragging.

    "You need to use the bathroom?"

    "Probably." He nods, taking me into the room, a simple room with two beds, a TV and a kitchenette, and from there to the bathroom.

    "I'm going to dump the car, I'll be back." I nodded, despite feeling better with him here. After he closes the door behind him, and using the toilet, I quickly examine my legs, as I have no feeling below the waist, thus wouldn't even feel a severe injury, and wash myself off best I can, despite not having any clean clothes to put on afterwards.