chapter o1;

The Night seemed peaceful, without a single noise. Only Mother Nature dared to break the silence reigning between the abandoned buildings of the city. This very same Mother Nature who took back her right invading every wall with her wild creepers, invading every space with wild plants. This scenery, close to those depicted in apocalyptical movies, still seemed soft, welcoming and so appeasing. Nonetheless, it wasn't like there was nothing remaining of Mother Nature's poor child, it wasn't like Mankind disappeared from earth. No, Mankind was simply on the verge of disappearing, oh so slowly disappearing.

Among the buildings - not higher than ten floors -  several people were present. They were walking and observing as they were dragging tens of unrecognizable black shape in order to throw them in a truck. Silently, the scene repeated again and again in an incredible tranquillity, the tranquillity of death itself... In fact, wasn't it the ideal word to describe the scene?

Deadly.

Morbid.

Hellish.

Each and every black mass only served to increase the amount of them piling in the truck, releasing a putrid smell which would make anyone throw up.

It was the smell of blood and death.

Among all of those persons, gathering the bodies of their peers without batting an eye, there was a young man who really stood out. Impressive build, elegant and unique appearance, his whole body expressed some kind of grace: a charisma worthy of a prince. Even though he was surrounded by corpses, every step he took made him look like a gentleman on a stroll. The whole scene seemed surreal.

-Kim NamJoon, we are ready to go.

Taking care of his appearance even though the white shirt of his suit was stained with some suspicious reddish liquid, he combed back his blond hair. The small stain of blood on his hair only served to put the emphasis on the color of his hair which seemed surreal. He kept observing his surroundings when he drew away from his team who was only waiting for his commands. The so called Kim NamJoon only made a sign with his hand to authorize his team's departure from the cleaned area.

This very same area where the ground was covered with blood and guts.
This very same area where humans were walking not so long ago.
This very same area where a superior inhuman species seemed to have eradicated Mankind...
Kim NamJoon was a perfect embodiment of this species, of the Trackers.

Unknown creatures until not so long ago, they were looking so much like regular human, but NamJoon and his peers only resemble to human and nothing more. Especially NamJoon who was like Satan himself.

The blowing wind played its melody in NamJoon's ears when he finally decided to resume his walk to an entirely different area than this abandoned city. He went deep in a dark forest, as dark as his personality. He wasn't feeling much from anything aside from the curiosity of visiting some new scenery after his boring work.

Here, the only master ruling over the land was Mother Nature, and it had be so for centuries already. It was hard to tell if anything had been build in this area since everything was covered with greeneries, but it did scared the blond man in the least: he was the exact personification of the fear of any living creature on earth.

One step, one more, then came the last one. His heel hit against something that wasn't supposed to be in the middle of a forest: it was a door made of steel and hidden with wild creepers, green leaves and humid moss. It wasn't a question of how something like this happened to be there, it was a rare occurrence, and lots of wonders laid here and there hidden by anything and everything with time passing by... But this door seemed to be particularly well hidden and it picked NamJoon's interest even more, curiosity awakening slowly inside him. The tracker observed his surrounding, and then proceeded to open the door. It was quite the heavy weight, most certainly hundreds of kilos, but for NamJoon : opening it was like opening the lid of a pen between his delicate fingers, it was done with no effort. Then again the excitement was there.

Slowly, the door cracked open and NamJoon let himself in, ready to explore the unknown place. He jumped in from the roof of this underground hiding place, and the sound of his feet lending on the ground echoed for several seconds. He searched on the wall to find some kind of switch, then he turned it on. He realized it was an abandoned bunker which must have be used by humans decades ago. Now the whole room was filled with humidity, even though not even a single plant seemed to have grown here nor did the bunker seemed damaged since the lights worked surprisingly fine. It was strange.

NamJoon started walking, hoping to find something. He walked without care, his mind clear of the thought of any threat, not even picturing that something could overpower him and rip him off of his organs... If only.