runaways (sope)

Yoongi angrily wiped at his pooling tears, his pale cheeks flushed red, his eyes stinging and his brain pounding against his skull.

He was outside of Hoseok's house at 3 am because he couldn't take it anymore.

The bachelor's party was only 4 hours ago.

He couldn't help but laugh out of disgust and shame for being unable to last for a few more hours. 

If he had been able to wait to hear Hoseok say "I do", perhaps he would've been able to push his heart aside.

If he had to hand over the stupid ring Hoseok made him pick out, perhaps he would've been able to look into his eyes to see how much love he had for her.

If he had to give the toast wishing luck to the couple, perhaps he would've been able to drink away his heartache.

Yet, here he was. Still in his going out clothes, clutching the dumb velvet box in his grasp, unsure of what he was expecting.

He knocked once, uselessly hiccuping for air.

He was pathetic, inconsolable on his own.

He needed to hear Hoseok's voice, feel his arms wrapped around him, see his smile.

He wouldn't feel whole without it.

He knocked twice, white knuckles encasing the ring box he helped choose for her.

He was disgusting.

A homewrecker at its worst.

He knocked thrice, body trembling in anticipation and disappointment.

This time he heard a stir inside the apartment, a flicker of the doorknob.

His heart jumped to his throat, his hiccups worsened, his tears pumped out at an unbelievable speed. 

Hoseok opened the door sleepily, hair disheveled, pjs askew.

He looked perfect.

Without speaking, Yoongi dove into Hoseok's arms causing the younger to squeak out in surprise. After a moment, he wrapped his arms around him and squeezed.

The action alone made Yoongi's body shake with sobs, no longer trying to muffle his cries of anguish.

Hoseok whispered sweet nothings in an attempt to comfort his crying friend, but it didn't work. So instead he asked, voice thick with sleep, "Hyungie, are you okay?"

Upon hearing no response, Hoseok dragged them both inside, kicking the door shut with his foot. He pulled the older male into the living room and onto the couch as he continued to rub his back. 

It was quiet aside from Yoongi's cries and that's when he remembered Hoseok's fiancée is staying with her mother for the night. Something about bad luck if they saw each other the night before the wedding.

Eventually Hoseok peeled the lavender haired male back enough to inspect him and frowned, "You look like shit."

Hiccups and all, the older laughed.

"I'll get you water," the younger said as he pushed off the couch and onto his feet. "I'll be right back."

Hoseok's mind was wracked with countless questions as he filled the small glass with tap water. 

Yoongi was fine when they left the movies. They joked, ate, laughed like normal. Sure he was more touchy than usual, but that never bothered Hoseok. 

So what happened between their goodbyes in the parking lot and now?

A quick glance at his microwave and Hoseok made a mental note that he would have to be ready to head to the venue in 4 hours. He needed to make this quick.