chapter 17

"What did you just say? Uncle Osas asked.

"nothing sir" I replied.

"oh so my ear drum is no longer working abi?

"no sir, the thing is my legs were numb and when I sat down, it was as if I sat on top of electricity" I answered.

"hmm... as I was saying, civic education is very important in the lives of citizens as it helps them know their rights, obligations, etc". He said.

Thank God he left that topic o.

It was closing time and I was waiting for my dad to come pick me up. I went downstairs and sat down on one of the benches close to the primary school section. I saw Sade walking towards me with Wilson walking behind her.

"Etin you are waiting for your dad abi?

"yes" I replied.

"I'm going home now o, I want to follow the bus" she said.

"ok na see you next year" I replied.

"Na you know o" she said.

I waved her goodbye as she entered the bus. I saw the way Wilson was staring at her after telling her 'bye' and I knew that he liked her. Wilson stood near me facing his front, phone in his hand and one white wireless earpiece in his right ear.

Now that I think about it Wilson is still handsome o in fact all the boys that were in jss3 before were all handsome. No wonder Ada wanted to die for him; speaking of Ada let me find small trouble.

"Wilson o" "yes" he answered.

"do you like Ada? I asked.

"no why are you asking? He replied.

"nothing just wanted to know" I said nonchalantly knowing he was going to die of a heart attack if he realizes that I have been seeing them during their 'fellowship'.

"talk na" he said.

"I was thinking she likes you and you like her too" I said.

"no we don't like ourselves o" he replied.

I wanted to tell him that I've been seeing them because I just felt bad for Ada. She was having one kind stupid romantic relationship with a guy that doesn't even like her. I will tell her that I've been seeing them sha.

"do you have Ada's phone number? I asked.

"yes but why are you asking for it? The last time I checked you guys don't like yourselves" he said looking a bit skeptical about the stuff.

"she is with my jss3 English note. Ese gave it to her before we finished exam and I don't know if she will come to this school again sef" I replied.

"ok o" he said as he brought out his phone and showed me her number.

I wrote it down at the back of my note book and thanked him.

The new boys in my class were still in school but did not enter the school bus; Maybe they were waiting for someone sha. They were five and were together.

"Wilson o, those boys what's up na? I asked Wilson cause I was curious and wanted to know why they were always together because I am not sure they are brothers.

"o they are new students Na, it's like they are cousins or something; I don't really know sha but they are related" he replied.

"ok, but why are they always walking together? I asked.

"ehn, you know they are new students na, no friends like that so they gats stick together na" he replied.

"do you know their names apart from that fair guy Jared? I asked.