chapter 6

"so you just failed that simple test, what if it was your promotion examination that is how you would have failed woefully " Mr Udili shouted.

Omo I feel so sorry for them because I knew he was ready to flog the hell out of somebody.

"Oya! The last person will collect 12 strikes instead of 6" he said.

Matthew came out first and uncle flogged him 6. Matthew was just collecting the cane fia fia like one soft dude until uncle told him to go and as soon as he turned his back uncle gave him one departing lash on his forehead.

Haha, come and see frog jump o!  I couldn't hold back my laughter as well as the rest of the class because Matthew's reaction was too funny. He was just jumping and holding his head. I could see he was trying not to cry; ehya poor guy.

He was just looking at uncle like he was trying not to start a fight with him. The next person was Miriam and I was surprised because she looked intelligent.

" so Miriam you have joined them abi" our tutor shouted.

  "no sir, I Don't know what happened" she replied.

" come and collect your cane fast fast" he said angrily.

Miriam started crying "sir please o I will not do it again o please".

I was trying so hard not to laugh like was she so afraid of cane that she was just crying when he hasn't even started flogging her.

" come and collect your cane my friend. Stretch out your hand before I count one to three " he replied.

It was obvious that he was getting annoyed by her jumping up and down. He counted one and was almost at two when she brought out her hand shakily.

He gave her one strike and she started shouting " ewo o my stomach my stomach ".

The whole class started to laugh and I couldn't help but join them; I was just wondering why she was shouting about her stomach when uncle flogged her on her hand. Uncle told her to bring out her hand again but the girl was already panting like she ran a marathon.

"if you don't bring your hand before I count ehn" uncle started talking.

"Uncle please Na it's ok I will not do it again o" she cried out.

I was just looking at her with pity as it was so obvious she hated cane.

************************************

Uncle was finally done with Miriam whom I'm sure wasted half of the period. He also flogged the rest students and guess who the last person was? Our lovely Ada hahahaha. She was just playing with her fingers and she was also rubbing     her hands together.

" one, two" uncle started counting before Ada brought out her hand to collect her fourth strike of cane.

Yep I was counting the cane o.  She finally collected all her twelve strikes of cane and was walking towards her seat and I could see that she was walking as fast as possible because she was about to cry.

Uncle decided to give her another departing lash when she was close to her seat; then the borehole started to overflow. Hahahaha tears were falling out of eyes like mad. She ran to her seat and started crying while her seat mates started to pat her back.

"Grinnnnnnnnnnnn" we heard the sound of the bell which signified that the current class was over.

" the next time any of you fail my test like this again ehn, you will collect extra cane. We have wasted our time on these people, next class we will be talking on personal hygiene and make sure you read the topic o because I will ask questions. He left the class and everybody started talking.

"omo, some people can fear cane o. Thank God I was not among o" Sade said while wiping off fake tears from  her eyes.

"I know i'm not supposed to laugh at other people's pain but Miriam's part weak me sha" I said still trying not to laugh at Miriam who was still crying with her head on her desk.

Ada was crying too with some of her girlfriends trying to calm her down except for Wilson. I looked round the class and saw him talking with some people and I wanted to walk up to him and tell him to go and tell his babe sorry but I left him because I don't think anyone is aware of him and Ada dating and I didn't want to be the one to expose them.

" hahahaha, even me o I was trying not to laugh at her sef, she was just bouncing up and down" Jane said laughing.

" Sade how many did you get sef" I asked.

" I don't know o, Uncle did not share the papers sef at least I know I didn't get two marks" she replied.

" maybe he will give it to us later in the day sha but it's good to read sha o, what if I hadn't read yesterday? I said.

"you would have still passed Jor, the questions were too simple" said Jason.

"what's up na" Wilson said to Jason.

" nothing much o we were just talking about the test" Jason replied.

"thank God I wasn't among the people that was flogged o but Matthew own off me o. He said loud enough for Matthew to hear.

"are you mad or are you crazy" Matthew said while walking towards Wilson.

" guy chill now I was just joking. " you were lucky uncle didn't call your name, I would have laughed at you seriously.

" thank God he did not call my name then. Sorry o, that cane entered sha; I mean that send off cane that uncle gave you before you went to your seat. " Wilson said.

We all started to laugh at Matthew.

" you guys should stop now, it's not funny o wait till you receive that guys cane. The man is too wicked o, just brought test from no where and I didn't open my books since then" Matthew said.

"abi, let me go and read before the next teacher comes and give us another yeye test". Wilson said while going back to his seat.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm also reading before the next teacher comes. I said while bringing out my basic tech note.

" me too o" Sade and Jane said together.

" don't worry, he won't bring any surprises test". Jason said.

I didn't listen o, I brought out my note and started reading because I didn't want to be any teachers scapegoat.