Cameron's eyes flickered to hers, both of them exchanged a telepathic conversation and eventually came to a conclusion when Cameron nodded slightly.

"You two don't have to walk on eggshells around me, you can say what you want to say," I said tiredly, watching as Cameron made eye contact with me through the rear view mirror.

Cameron and Violet exchanged another worried glance, I was slowly starting to get irritated by their cautious behaviour. Mostly because my interest was piqued, by their strange behaviour.

"Well, you tell her," Cameron shrugged, not taking his eyes off of the road.

Violet gasped and abruptly turned in her seat so that Cameron could feel the full force of her glare.

"Me? You're the one who wanted to tell her!" Violet exclaimed, blowing at a piece of her bang which fell into her eye.

"Maybe we should just forget-"

"Uh guys? I'm right here," I said sheepishly from the backseat, earning a grin from Violet.

Cameron rolled his eyes when Violet stubbornly crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in the passenger seat, not willing to tell me the information that seemed to be so important.

"I have to do everything myself," Cameron mumbled grumpily.

I shook my head in amusement at the couple, but all traces of humour left his face when he caught my eye in the rear view mirror once again.

"Riley, it's not my place to tell you but I'm afraid Ryder won't do it either," Cameron begun his voice low, "Ryder is leaving in a weeks time to Alaska. He's not coming back, he told everyone but told us not to tell you."

I froze in my seat upon hearing the news.

I wasn't an idiot, I knew Ryder and I weren't going to see each other after high school, but I at least expected him to be here until graduation. It was all so soon, I didn't want him to leave and the realisation rooted me to my seat.

Cameron sighed, breaking me out of my train of thought.

"I had a feeling he didn't tell you," he muttered lowly.

Violet remained silent in the front seat, I guessed she had dozed off. I stayed silent, staring out at the rain. It now poured down in heavy sheets, creating a hazy background, almost as if I was in a dream.

I wished it was.

"You might want to tell him anything you've been keeping from him before he leaves," Cameron suggested softly as he pulled up in the parking lot of my apartment. I avoided his advice and thanked him for driving me home.

I stopped with my hand on the door handle of his car, "I'm serious Riley, you know how unpredictable Ryder can be. He might leave slightly earlier than planned, and then it might be too late."

Too late?

Too late to tell him I still cared about him, to try and change his mind or too late to get him back? I didn't know which one Cameron was referring too, all I knew was that I needed to get out of his car before I was tempted to ask him to drop me off at Kyle's house.