He looked down, losing the courage to meet her gaze.

“How could I ask that? I already knew how much pain I caused you. It will be insensitive of me to act ignorant of how much I hurt you.”

“Nah! Before anything else, you should have cared to know how I’ve been.”

Trying to control the tremble in her voice, she continued.

“On that day at the restaurant, you ended everything with a mere ‘Sorry.’ And after that miserable night, you did not contact me ever since. Though you drunk called me last week. But you were already unconscious when I came to see you. I even sent you home myself. Oh I’m so stupid! Despite everything, I can’t help worrying about you. Yet you yourself find it so difficult to show me that you care for me at the very least.”

Then she rushed out before he can even respond. Taehyung was left silently crying on his seat as he watched Chaeyoung’s retreating back. While Chaeyoung was trying to hold back her own tears as she left the café.

Instead of going home, Chaeyoung dropped by at Paladra. She ordered all her favorite food and began binge eating. She was in the middle shoving a spoonful of food in her mouth when Lisa sat across from her.

“Is everything alright?” Lisa asked.

With food stuffed in her mouth, Chaeyoung gave Lisa the thumbs up.

Lisa eyed her best friend suspiciously.

“Are you sure? It looked like you’re having a feast by yourself here. What’s going on Chaeyoung?”

Chaeyoung swallowed down her food before answering.

“Alice is coming along with Bryan. So there’s really nothing for you to worry about. Everything’s absolutely fine. I just missed the food here, that’s all.”

“If you say so.” Lisa answered doubtfully. But looking at the way Chaeyoung was enjoying her food, she was eventually convinced.

Lisa left Chaeyoung as Alice and Bryan were nearing Chaeyoung’s table. They exchanged short greetings before the couple sat down across Chaeyoung.

“Unnie, is everything alright?” Alice asked.

Chaeyoung chuckled as she answered. “You just repeated what Lisa asked me earlier. I simply wanted to eat. That’s all.”

Satisfied with her answer, Alice and Bryan happily dug in to the food on their table.

“You guys aren’t that hard to convince, are you?” Chaeyoung giggled.

Bryan happily nodded in agreement while Alice said, “We’re just glad for the treat Unnie. Thank you!”

Chaeyoung smiled in response. And they all enjoyed their food.

Chaeyoung wistfully looked at Alice and Bryan. She mentally wished for them to always be together like this. She prayed that Bryan will love Alice enough to always remain by her side.

… … … … …

Chaeyoung was doing her last minute Christmas shopping. In three days, she will be celebrating Christmas with her family together with Lisa and her parents. Lisa’s parents flew back to Korea to spend the holidays with her. The party will be held at the lawn behind their house.

She finished preparing everyone’s gifts last week. But she failed to gather everything she needed for the decorations which was assigned to her. She can always use their old decorations but she felt as though she was still missing a few things. So she pulled herself from her bed that morning and went to the mall.