さん (san) - Troublesome Woman

UNEDITED

At the tender age of two and a half years old, I lied to my Mebuki. My 'mother' was not one for an early education. And I couldn't possibly tell her that I wanted to learn how to speak. Last I checked, no child likes to study and I don't need to get bullied in this world.

I told her I was going to Ino's for a sleepover before fucking off towards the library.

Two years had passed, and I still hadn't seen the bushy eyebrow dude or Kaka even though I kept an eye out for them. My vocabulary was splendid for a two year old, and even though I couldn't speak clearly, it was better than most.

Skipping towards the Konoha library, I looked at two guards. 

"Kid, what are you doing here? You lost?" A guard knelt down and gave me a friendly smile. I shook my head.

"Library. I want to learn how to read." 

"Etto, kid listen up. This library is for shinobi only. You can go to the civilian library. I'm sure they have books on how to read. But how will you learn in the first place..." He trailed off.

"I'm a fast learner. I'll manage. Could you give me directions to the other library?" 

The guard gave me directions and nodding, I made my way towards my destination. The other library was absolute shit. Their books were half torn and badly maintained, some were colored upon and the librarian was snoozing on his desk.

How irritating..

I've been an avid book reader since forever, and looking at the sight of these destroyed books filled me with slight anger. Yet, I walked on towards the help desk.

"Excuse me, oji-san!" 

The man snorted before leaning over the desk and looking at me.

"Beat it, kid. I'm busy planning for something. Now scam!" 

I huffed. "Oji-san, just tell me where to get books on how to read! Also, do you know any tutor around who can he-"

The man snarled. "The shinobi library has all them tutors. Now fuck off."

"Tsk, fucking loser." Swearing violently in English, I made my way outside in a foul mood. But my foul mood went away when I realized that the man swore at me.

I finally knew a curse word! The tone of the word and the curl of the lips gave it away.

Trudging back towards my home, I remembered I was supposed to be at Ino's house. Instead of going to her home, I ventured into the park and sat on a swing. My legs moved back and forth for the swing to gain momentum.

I saw a family of three. 

A man with spiky hair was yawning continuously as his wife supported a small child's head, talking animatedly to another woman. 

The small child turned to look at me and proceeded to yawn. I yawned too.

"Such a pain.. Yoshino, I'll take Shikamaru and head towards the swings yeah?" The man said at a desperate attempt to escape from his wife's clutches. The woman agreed before sharing another laugh with her friend.

The both of them came towards me, the child had a bored look on his face and he spoke.

"T-troublesome woman mama?"