*4*

Thabile was refusing to answer her calls and finally fed up, Mo threw the phone on the carpeted floor of her living room. It was 6:30am and she wanted to avoid the traffic at Lithabaneng which was why she was leaving early. Tebatso Makoa wanted a contract renewal and she wanted to go and organise the terms and conditions of their contract. She was used to dealing with his Personal Assistant whenever he wanted something shipped and it was going to take time for her to get used to dealing with him personally.

He was one of her biggest clients and she had met his assistant at a networking dinner back when she was still new to the trucking and shipping business. She had learned that he was old money and he specialised in organic feminine beauty products which had gained a huge international market. His assistant was the one who handled the shipping and the yearly contract but now the man himself would be handling things on his own. She wouldn't have thought of him as the man she saw at the boutique considering what he sounded like on the phone during their conference calls. She initially thought he was just an old man in his mid fifties or sixties at least, not this almost-forty man meat.

Smiling to herself as she got comfortable in her car, Mo decided that her business was going to boom with the man now at the reigns himself. She was going to make sure that they got close enough for him to introduce her to the boys who played in the big leagues. He might be a jerk but he would take her where she wanted to be-at the top.

"Forbes, here I come," she said out loud as she blasted Mahalia-sober while reversing out of her garage.

Mme Kalimo, the secretary was in a foul mood as soon as Mo came in.

"What's wrong now, mama?" she whispered, her energy leaving her as she held her laptop bag close.

Mme Kalimo only nodded towards her office.

"Please tell me so that I can be ready for whatever is in that office."

"I told him that he had to wait for you out here but he said he was going to let himself in and wait in your office. He insisted and he was so disrespectful."

Mo frowned. "But it's only 7am. We open at eight." What was Mr. Makoa doing here so early and why did he let himself into her office she wondered as she quickly walked towards her door.

She was surprised to find Reahile seated comfortably in her seat and not in the clients' chairs which somehow unsettled her. It didn't look right at all but she ignored that prickly feeling she had and smiled at him.

"Nice chair. Way more comfortable than the visitors'."

"What are you doing here so early in the morning? It's not even opening time yet."

"Well... I figured I'd come over and wait for you since I'm leaving at half eight. And I couldn't wait out there with that sour lady so I let myself into your office and found my comfort."

This is bull, Mo thought to herself. As soon as Rea left, she would make sure to check that everything was where it should be and that nothing was missing because the last time he had let himself into her office, a couple of thousands had gone missing and he had left the country. The only problem she had had was that she couldn't believe that it was he who took it nor could she prove that it was him who took it.

"Since I'm here now, what can I do for you?"

"You can start first by telling me what you want to eat for breakfast. Knowing you, you didn't eat breakfast." Rea reclined in the seat.

"Unfortunately you couldn't come at a less unfortunate time. I have business to take care of but we can do lunch again and you can explain to me what happened when you broke my heart."