*3*

As the two sat in traffic, Mo couldn't concentrate on the conversation. The last time she and Thabi had fought, they had not talked for almost a whole month and those were the worst days of their lives as they later admitted to each other while crying into each other's shoulders. And the reason for their fight then was the same reason now.

"Are you okay? " Rea asked as he placed his hand on top of hers. "You've kinda zoned out on me."

"I'm fine. I was just thinking about what to order since I haven't eaten anything today. What will you be having?"

"I know you, Mo. It's Thabile, isn't it?"

"She's my best friend. She looks out for me always and now... I don't like fighting with her."

"I'm actually surprised that you two are still friends considering how different your characters are. She's a big girl and she'll get over this soon. Anyway, I hope you still like those hot chicken wings from Stadium Food Court™."

Mo smiled. "You remember?"

"Of course. How could I forget? You always made me get them for you when I got off work because as you put it-" Rea put on a high pitched voice. "-'akere Rea you are closer to Stadium than me'."

"I don't sound like that," Mo laughed as she playfully punched Rea in the arm while Alina Baraz and Galimatias serenaded them in the background.

Spending time with Reahile made Mo feel good about herself and even though she didn't want to admit it, she was happy that he had come back and she was enjoying his company. As they made their way out of the food court, Rea bumped into a man who let out a curse word and grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"Hey!" Mo yelled as she wedged herself between the two to stop them from fighting. "Sorry, sir. Sorry." She quickly apologised on behalf of Rea who was looking very defiant.

"I should have known you were here," the man said and Mo turned to look at him. Tebatso Makoa. Again. He let go of Rea and looked at Mo. "Your plan worked by the way. The show is back on the road."

"Will you be terminating your contract with us now that the results of our work have aired?"

"You know this man?" Rea interrupted, clearly agitated.

"Shush, Rea. Mr. Makoa?"

"I'll give you another chance even though you were rude to me. I forgive you for that."

Mo's jaw dropped in shock but she didn't retaliate. She quickly cleared her throat and forced a smile because even though he was a terrible person, Tebatso Makoa brought in very good money. "Thank you, Mr. Makoa. What happened will never happen again, I promise."

"I hope so, Ms Amohelang Leballo." With that, Tebatso walked into the food court. Mo smiled to herself, proud that she did not have to let go of any of her staff had Mr Makoa pulled out of their contract.

"You know that guy? Tebatso Makoa?" Rea whispered once they were back in his car.

"How do you know him?" Mo sure didn't like the gleam in Rea's eyes at the moment.

"Let's just say he is my target. I need him to invest in my business. He's got lots of money and I have lots of business ideas and we can work together with him. He provides the capital and I churn out the profits."

"I doubt he will want your business after this encounter and also you would be poaching him from me and I will not stand for that."

Rea grinned. "Relax, Amo. It's just business."

And his tone suggested very much that it was business indeed.

After Rea dropped her back at her office, Mo decided to take a look at the papers from a new potential client and once she was done, that was it for the day.