•Chapter 1•

November 2016
Eight boys sat in their dorm, celebrating with different drinks and food, as they had just been confirmed a world tour, the excitement they all felt was unbelievable, all except one, he sat next to his boyfriend, trying to seem as excited as them, but in the inside he knew he couldn't make it to the beginning of the tour. His mind wouldn't let him, giving him thought that they'd be better off without him, and that he had to fix the problem he believed plagued the band; himself though none of the others felt this was the case, always encouraging him and supporting him, even with the love the members gave him every day, no matter how loud, it was never louder then the negative thoughts constantly shouting in his thoughts, as he fell into his deep thoughts he didn't notice the shorter male calling his name beside him until a tug of his arm snapped him from his thoughts, he looked up to see his loving boyfriend, Park Jimin. Jimin laughed at him and kissed his cheek "What are you thinking about?"
Ji-Hwan smiled and gave him a quick peck "Don't worry about it, I'm just excited" Jimin smiles back as him before leaning his head on his shoulder, Ji-Hwan sighs and kisses his head and wraps an arm around him, closing his eyes and leaning his head back. Later on in the night, everyone had gone to bed, Ji-Hwan laying in his bed with Jimin, as the two shared a room, he sighed and turned over to hug the smaller, carefully enough that he wouldn't wake him, as he looked down at Jimin he thought about all the people who where there for him, he began thinking maybe there was a better way, so instead of proceeding with his plan he hugged Jimin closer and decided to fall asleep.
One Week Later
In the next days Ji-Hwan tried everything in his power to feel better, he told himself how much Jimin and his members loved him, as well as Army. So he didn't understand why he couldn't get his past out of his mind, this ultimately leading to him being sensitive, including when the members unknowingly made a joke about a memory he had no idea would hurt Ji-Hwan so much.
After the joke was said and the mocking began,
Ji-Hwan snapped, standing up and sending a sharp glare at the seven other males, surprising each and every one of them, Jimin immediately stood up and tried to comfort him but he quickly pulled away
"None of you know anything of my childhood, so shut the fuck up" he angrily walked to the door and opened it, he began walking around and sighed, he began to walk back to the dorms, he picked up his phone and he crossed the street, texting the members that he was sorry and that he would be home soon, just after he hit send he a car came plowing towards him, he had no time to react, and it was soon too late.
At the Dorms
After reviving Ji-Hwans texts they had figured he was ok and continued on as normal, after an hour they grew suspicious and tried to call him, to no answer. After more tries and still no answer they began to panic until Jimin's phone began buzzing he picked it up "Where are you? We're all worried sick! You need to get home ri-" he was suddenly cut off "In sorry sir, Choi Ji-Hwan has been in an accident..I'm afraid he died on impact. I'm very sorry." At this Jimin froze, he dropped his phone and began tearing up, his knees felt weak, a light sob left his lips, this causing all the members to rush over to him and try to hold him up, everyone panicking, "Jimin, what happened?" He looked up still crying "J-Ji-Hwan..h-he..a car..." he broke down sobbing as all the members silently began to cry as well.

January 2017
The boys had decided not to cancel their tour, not wanting to let Army's down or leave them alone during this, however now they where in the bighit building waiting for some news their manager had to give them, as they sat their he suddenly walked in and sat in front of them "How are you all doing with everything?" Namjoon responded with a small smile "Were ok, it's getting a little better" everyone nods quietly before the conversation continues. "I'm very sorry to spring this on you boys...but I think it will be best..in order to help with the grief of Ji-Hwan, that we find a new member." All the members froze. Replace Ji-Hwan? They could never! Jimin was the first to react "What kind of decision is that?! How will that help us?! Is finding a new member going to bring it him back? Is it going to fix us? No! Why wou-" he is cut off by Namjoon "Jimin..even if we don't agree right now..we have to give it a try." "Thank you Namjoon, we will introduce you to some of our trainees that we think will do best with you"
Some Days Later
BTS once again arrived at the bighit building, when they got to the practice rooms ten people stood there, some in between they're ages and some younger, soon they all start dancing for them, when they where all done, no one had really impressed them, when suddenly one more boy rushed into the room panting, he quickly got in the line, hoping no one would notice him, in that moment their manager called him forward and asked him to perform, immediately they could see he was the most advanced dancer and singer, they looked at their manager and gave him a nod, and just like that he concluded the auditions.
Another time skip to a week later
Namjoon
It had been a few days since the auditions, today we're going to officially meet our new member, no ones to thrilled about it, but maybe managers right, this could be a distraction from Ji-Hwan, but he also has nothing in common with him, Ji-Hwan was confident, caring, strong, tall, and muscular, the trainee we chose seemed to be the opposite, he was obviously extremely insecure, nervous, I'm not sure about the rest but he made Jimin look huge so he's also pretty small. When we arrive everyone gets off the car and goes to the office, when we enter we see manager talking to the boy from the auditions. As soon as we enter they both turn around, the boys face turned completely red the second he saw us, he looked back at managed, he nodded at him before he got out of the chair and walked towards us before starting to introduce himself.
(Y/N)
I turn around at the sound of the door, as I do I see BTS standing in front of me, the people who inspired me to be here we're right there, with this whole thing I've felt awful I thought I might get to debut in a new group...but here I am, replacing a dead member, and no matter how hard I try, I can't help but feel guilty..