Fine until it's not Chapter 13

Hot water. I've never really had hot water. The older kids always stole it at the orphanage. I've always had to shower in cold water. I haven't really minded though. Only in the winter time does cold water really bug me. 

Everyone starts walking towards their rooms. I notice everyone has their own room. Where am I supposed to go? Do I sleep in the rec room? I don't really want to sleep by myself. I don't feel completely comfortable here. It's new and kind of scary. I don't like new places. I kinda want to stay with Daryl. 

" Come on Jesse. " Daryl hoists his bag farther up his shoulder. 

I guess the problem is solved. I follow Daryl to the last room in the hall. 

We both take quick showers and I hurry to the rec room. Sophia and Carl laugh together as they play chess. 

Lori and Carol talk happily on the couch. I walk along the book shelf, looking at the books. I'm not a great reader, but I still like trying to read. 

I pull out a few books and carry them around in a pile. " Time for bed Carl. " 

" You too honey. " Carol says sweetly to her daughter. Sophia and Carl say their goodbyes as they leave. 

Carl leaves the room and Lori stays behind. I look around for more books. Pride, an-and Pred-predjus. What does that mean? 

" Lori. " I spot Shane out of the corner of my eye. " You look lovely tonight. " Shane slurs. It sends shivers down my back. " Why don't we have a little fun? Huh? " Shane chuckles. 

Lori looks at him in disgust. " No. Shane, you're drunk. Go to bed. " 

" Why don't you come with me? " Shane smirks. What does he mean by that? Are they going to have a sleep over? That sounds fun. 

Shane moves to kiss Lori sloppily. Lori screams and I jump. " Get away from me! Don't touch me! " She yells.  Lori scratches Shane across the neck. I yelp and tears of fear prick the back of my eyes. I run towards the door. An arm grabs me and pulls me back. I slam into the door frame and my books fall.

I scream as the grip tightens. Shane's face is red with anger. " What're you doing here? " He asks. " Shouldn't you bee in bed? What did you see? HUH! " He shakes me and I cry a bit. I feel a sharp pain on my cheek. 

He slapped me! " Please le-let me go. " I try to stay strong, but the pain is bad. I manage to kick Shane where the sun don't shine, and run towards the room. Shane yells out in outrage, Lori abandoned us long ago. 

Shane tuns after me. I reach the door handle, and I throw it open. Shane grabs me and throws me against the wall. I cry out and Shane spits on the floor. Pig. 

" You ain't gonna say anything to anyone. You got that? " Shane warns with the devil shining in his eyes. " Or I will make ya re-" He's thrown off of me. 

" Get off her! " Daryl yells loudly. I fall on my knees and cower in the corner. Daryl curses as he throws Shane into Shane's room. 

Daryl comes out with a little blood on his hand and a red face. I bury my face into my hands as the doors open. Daryl crouches down in front of me. " Hey. It's okay kiddo. " 

I hug him tightly and cry into his shoulder. My heart is racing. My head is pounding. 

" What happened out here? " Rick asks looking at us. " Who's blood is that? " He points to the blood on Daryl's hand. Daryl growls. 

" Why don't ya go ask yer little friend. " He moves his head towards Shane's room. 

Daryl carries me into the room and I don't let go of him. He tries to set me on my cot, but I hold him tighter and shake my head. 

I end up falling asleep on Daryl.