What drives us

Dallas' PoV

On our way back to Camryn's cabin. I have no idea why, but we just silently agreed to go there together. Camryn had his arm around Kendrix trying to calm him down. I was lost in thought thinking about our parents before I realized something. "Guys...", I started. "Our moms are going to kill us!" My brothers stopped and turned around. Kendrix even forgot about being mad, his tanned face, drained of color. Camryn started muttering before looking up at us.

"What if we fake our deaths?!" He suggested. Marcus smacked him upside his head. "Do you want our mothers being sad over us?" He scolded. Camryn shook his head looking guilty. Our eyes met and we made the silent decision to go to Chiron for permission to leave. We walked back to the mess hall which was still pretty full and approached Chiron. "Hello children. How may I help you?" He asked.

Marcus stepped forward. "May we have permission to leave camp and visit our mothers?" He asked. "For all we know they could be getting the police to search for us as we speak." He continued. Chiron looked at and nodded his head. Identical grins broke out on our faces. We all thanked Chiron then headed out. About 2 hours of walking we got the apartment buildings our mothers lived in. But I couldn't help but have a sense of dread in my guts.

Marcus's PoV

With a sense of dread, I opened the door to my home and walked in. As soon as I stepped in I could see things thrown around the house and a voice gasping in pain. I ran into the living room praying that it wasn't my mother. Sadly I never had such luck. When I arrived in the living room I saw a man with pitch black hair, a golden scythe in his left hand, and my mothers neck in the other. I froze in shock and in fear. With one movement he snapped her neck and threw her. My eyes followed her until she hit the ground. Shaking I drew my scythe and held it up.

"W-Who are y-you?" I questioned, trying to sound threatening. But my quaking voice gave away my fear. The man turned his eyes meeting mine. I gasped and dropped my scythe in shock. His eyes were like mine. Solid gold. But his eyes were harsh, cold, and cruel. He grinned a crooked grin at me, the scars covering his face wrinkling as he did. "Now that's a good question." He stated. "But its also a question for another day. For now know this, I may not be able to kill you now, but I will if you stand in my way or my masters" He finished. And with a final grin, his body started to glow. I squeezed my eyes shut knowing what he was doing. A blast of heat hit my face and then it was gone.

I opened my eyes to see him gone. But the apartment was still trashed and my mother was still dead. I walked over to her tears falling from my eyes. I scooped up her body, holding her bridal style and carried her out the apartment. I stood outside the door waiting for my cousins, tears falling freely from my eyes. Moments later I heard my brothers approaching. I looked up to see them the same way I am, each of them holding my aunts. Tears falling from their faces as well. We once again made the silent decision to walk back to camp and make shrouds for our mothers. Dallas started bending the mist around us as we walked to camp. Making it look like we had instruments instead of dead bodies. 3 hours later we walked into the border Camp Half-Blood. A few moments after we walked in silver arrows came flying at us. But Camryn waved one of hands and a burst of water knocked them away. Seconds later the entire hunt and their goddess had us surrounded.

Lady Artemis stepped forward. I faced her and nodded my head. I spoke my voice still trembling "Hello Lady Artemis. My brothers and I would bow but as you can see.." I motioned towards my mother and aunts, "We cannot." I finished. She looked at me, dark gold meeting harsh silver. "Give us the bodies boy", she said the word like it left a bad taste. Instantly I was on the defensive and behind me I could tell my brothers were too. "With all due respect Lady Artemis." Camryn said stepping beside me, "Our mothers wanted to be laid to rest a certain way. We will be the ones to do it, as we are their only family." His eyes darkened greatly. "And I dare you or your hunt to stand in the way. Because if you do, well I hope you can escape the Mariana Trench before you run out of air." Finished with his threat, he walked away, the rest of us following after him. The glares of the hunters burning holes in our backs.