Part 17 - Panic

During class, I zoned out, thinking about how I could possibly present my soppy love letter to Sayuri in a way that doesn't result in a punch to the face.

Maybe I'll leave it in her locker? That seems to work in anime. Agh, but I can't base this off anime! I'm not as stupid as bloody Neko.

Hmm... maybe... I'll slip it into her pocket or bag?? No, that's just creepy.

A friend!! I'll give it to one of her friends to give to her! Agh, no, that'll make me look like a pathetic wimp! Besides, knowing my luck, they'll rip it up and throw it back in my face in disgust to the very thought I would confess to their friend.

Maybe... maybe I'll just forget it.

...

"What?! You're just gonna throw it away and not tell Sayuri anything??! Uri, you're gonna regret not telling her!" Neko lectured me at my locker as I put my books away and got the ones for my next class.

"There's no point! She's gonna reject me for sure anyway. And I don't know how the hell I'm even supposed to give it her!!" I argued, slamming my locker door shut.

"Just hand the letter to her like a flustered anime girl!!!" Neko yelled.

"Wha- NOT EVERYTHING OUTTA ANIME WORKS, IDIOT!!" I bashed my hand against his head in frustration.

"Well, not if you don't even try, coward!!" Neko argues.

My pupils shrank in rage.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME, YOU LITTLE SH-!" I snapped, pulling him up by his collar.

"Eek!! N-nothing!!" Neko whimpered in tears.

"Put the poor boy down, Uri. You're gonna be late for class if you keep flirting," the passing by Haruko mentioned.

"WHAT ABOUT THIS IS FLIRTATIOUS?!!" I demanded to know.

Haruko suddenly pulled out a manga and showed me a double page with a male character tugging another guy into a kiss?!!!

"OH, PISS OFF!!" I shouted, slamming my locker door and storming off.

"Oof. He's even more hot-headed than usual today. What happened on that sleepover?" Haruko wondered.

"N-nothing!! Honest! All I did was try and encourage him to confess to Sayuri," Neko explained.

"Ugh. That's all? Borrrring," Haruku let out as if expecting Neko to reply with juicy details from a yaoi manga.

"Also, our nipples touched..........." Neko whispered under his breath, staring into space.....

After the bell sounded to end the second class...

We sat at our desks, packing up our stuff, when suddenly...

"Hey, Uri," Sayuri approached me?!!

Haruko, Neko and I froze in shock.

Haruku's pencil fell from his hand in the silence.

"Did you enjoy today's study session?" She asked.

"Ah!! Y-yeah! It was... good," I found my words tumbled out my mouth uncontrollably.

"Haha, it's ok, you don't have to pretend like it wasn't beyond boring. We don't exactly do it for the fun. Honestly, I'd rather be in bed, but my parents think prioritising an overload of studying over a healthy sleep schedule will work out in the long run," she smiled back.

"R-right. Still, I... kinda enjoyed it," I let out nervously.

"Well, it was nice to see a new face there. Are you gonna start coming every week? We also have sessions on Monday if you're interested," Sayuri went on.