Part 25 - Uriko Ship Club

In class...

I can't believe this... Sayuri actually invited me on a date. Ah—!! W-well, not a date, but... it's like a date! A pre-date! Yeah... agh, what am I going to wear?? I'm gonna mess this up for sure!!

And the theme park is outside Rise city... how am I gonna get there? It's at least a 40-minute journey. Hmm...

I pulled out my phone.

_______________________________
Message: Haruko

Hey, how you getting
to the theme park?

Typing...

_______________________________

I glimpsed to the side to Neko, who had his hand up...

I hide my phone away.

"I don't understand how you do this... it's really confusing me," he whimpered as the teacher came over to him.

"No problem. I'll help you. What part don't you understand?" They asked.

".... all of it," Neko cried.

"Well, I'll go through it with you. Here, let's start with writing out the equation nice and clearly..." the teacher drew on the whiteboard at the front of the room.

I rolled my eyes and glimpsed down at my phone.

I definitely need to cover math with that idiot...

_______________________________
Message: Haruko

Hey, how you getting to the
theme park?

Asha's giving me a lift.
Why?

You might have to suck
it up and ask your dad.

Or fluffy? 😏

_______________________________

Tst!!!!!

Haruko turned his head to grin at me.

"Haruko, just because I'm helping Neko doesn't mean I can't see you. Turn around," the teacher ordered.

"Hm," I smirked to the instant karma.

... I'm not asking my dad to take me there... he'd probably say it's a waste of time. Ugh. And I can't ask Sayuri...

"Does it make a little more sense now?" The teacher asked Neko

"Yeah, I think I'll be ok now! Thank you," Neko smiled.

The teacher walked to another student...

"Pst. Hey, Neko," I ushered.

"Hm?" Neko turned to me.

"Ah! Uri!! Please help me! I didn't understand anything she said!!!" Neko teared up.

"Wha- uh!! Whatever, we'll cover it in next weeks study session, alright?" I grumbled.

Neko nodded with tears flooding down.