Chapter 20 - Troubles

Sarah's pov:

I wake up alone in the bed, Y/n must be at work... I slowly get up and go to the kitchen, I'm so hungry obviously.
I find the breakfast ready on the table and a note.

'Good morning my beautiful girlfriend. I made pancakes for you, I bet you're hungry right now! I love you.'

I smile reading the note, she's so sweet. I begin to eat my pancakes and I take my phone to send her a text.

'Good morning, baby girl. Thanks for the breakfast, it's sooo good. I love you too.❤️'

I'm so happy that we are back together and I hope that everything will be okay with her. Also I hope that she's getting the help she needs, when she comes back I have to talk to her about it.

Y/n's pov:

Today I'm feeling better, the idea that Sarah and I are together again makes me feel more relaxed. My phone buzzes, I look at it and I smile while reading Sarah's text.

'Oh, someone is happy today.' Nicole says and I put down my phone looking at her.
'Yeah, I'm doing better.' I say smiling at her.
Nicole and I are closer now and I talked to her about Sarah, but she seems kinda jealous and I don't know why...
'Sarah and I are together again.' I say and I notice the disappointment in her eyes.
'I'm happy for you two.' she says faking a smile.
'I'm happy too.' I say smiling.
'I have some works to do. And you too, see you later.' she quickly says and she leaves without giving me the time to answer her.

I don't understand her behavior, why she acts like this?
Chris comes closer to me.
'You're aware of the fact that she likes you, right?' Chris says.
'What?' I say looking at me confused.
'It's so obvious! Didn't you notice it?' he says rolling his eyes.
'No, you're wrong. I'm with Sarah and she knows it, so it's impossible.' I say.
'You and Sarah got back together?' he asks excited.
'Sorry, I forgot to tell you. Yes, we decided to give it a try.' I say smiling.
'Oh my God, that's amazing.' he says with a big smile and I giggle at his reaction.

I finish my turn at work and before leaving I stop to talk to Nicole. I'm thinking about what Chris said... What if he is right?

'Hey.' I say approaching Nicole.
'Hi, your turn finished. Why you're still here?' she softly asks.
'I decided to talk to you before leaving.' I say.
But I can't directly talk to her about it...
'Mh... about what?' she asks looking at me curious.
'Ehm...' I think about something to say.
'Don't think too much.' she says giggling.
'Yeah, sorry. It's nothing, forget about it.' I say giggling too.
'As you wish.' she says.
'Well, I must go...' I say changing subject.
'See you tomorrow.' she says smiling a little.
'See you.' I say.

While I'm about to leave she gently takes my arm.
'Y/n, wait.' she says and I turn around looking at her.
Her touch causes me a strange feeling.
'Yes?' I say.
'Do you want to go somewhere?' she asks.
I look at her confused.
'As friends, of course.' she nervously says.
I think about it for a few seconds, but we're just friends... it's not a big deal, so why not? And also I can discover the truth about what Chris said to me before.
'Yeah, okay. Mh... do you want to come to my house? Well... Sarah's house.' I ask her.
'Y-yes... sounds good.' she says seeming uncertain.

At home.

I open the front door and we get inside.
'Sar, I'm back.' I shout but there's no answer.
'Sar?' I yell again.
No answer... she's not at home, but where is she?

'Well, she's not at home.' I say looking at Nicole.
'That's a really nice house.' Nicole says looking around.
'Yeah, I know.' I say. 'Do you want something to drink?' I ask her.
'I'm fine, thanks.' she politely says.
I sit on the couch and invite her to sit.
'You and Chris are really close...' I say while she sits next to me.
'Yeah, he's like a brother to me. I've known him for years.' she says.
'What about you? You live alone?' I ask trying to have a conversation.
She nods. 'Yes, I live alone. I lived with my ex girlfriend for some months... but then we broke up so...' she says.
'What about now? There's no one you're interested?' I ask trying to understand if Chris is right.
'Mh... actually there's a girl.' she nervously says and looking away.
'Really? Tell me about her.' I say pretending to be excited.
She looks at me a bit panicked.
'What?... Ehm... She's... She's really beautiful and... a-and I really like her, I've met her some days ago.' she says.
Why she's so nervous about it?
'And? Nothing happened?' I ask.
'Nope... she's engaged.' she says disappointed.
Engaged? Is she talking about me?
Or maybe not...
'Oh, I'm sorry...' I say.
'Yeah...' she sighs. 'But she's just engaged... I mean, s-something can happen anyway...' she says.
Is she fucking serious? This is bullshit.
'What? You'd be capable of doing something even if she's engaged?' I say looking at her astonished.
'I have nothing to loose.' she says, she looks at me and then at my lips.

I can't believe it, Chris was right. And I didn't fucking notice it... But I'm with Sarah and nothing can happen.
I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't notice that she gets closer to me.

'Nicole, what do you-' I try to say but she cuts me off and she kisses me.

The front door opens.
'Y/n, what the fuck is happening here?'