Chapter 10: electro magnetic sense

The next days we worked the whole day in our groups and Sora and I had made a huge amount of progress as it appeared to be one day left until we had to hand in our projects. The only thing we were still working on was the placing of battery's. We managed to use electro magnetic sensors to create the ability to feel by spreading over 1000 little sensors one each hand and arm. Our prostheses was up to the elbow and mostly 3D printed.
Sora's parents, as they were Erudite, printed them for with their printer and could provide the sensors - of course they wanted to be with her daughter and not being ashamed for her daughter to fail initiation and become factionless.

So we were sitting there at the library and searching for a place for our batteries as a lighting of an idea hit my head. I jumped up and Sora, obviously surprised, did the same. „Are you alright ?", she askes as I have calmed down. "Oh, it's nothing, besides I just got an idea how to solve our little energy problem." „Tell me, what is it?", Sora's eyes light up. „What if we don't use batteries, but instead the protheses got its energy of the amputees muscle tension, detected on its stump ?"

After a while of silence and Sora finished thinking about my idea, she looked at me again, her face expressing great joy:" Sephora North, you. are. A. Genius. Nobody's ever tried something like that but it's a great idea !"  „So let's start working, we don't have much time left."

For the rest of the day, we work on the tension detector again, making sure it's going to work safely.
At noon, we start modifying the program of our invention. As we  finish, the clock shows 10pm, so we could still hand in our project but both of us are exhausted as hell so we decide to go to bed and hand it in tomorrow. Before we go to bed, we decide wich one of us will hand our work in with a game of Rock Paper Scissors,which of course, I  loose.

Up early the next day, I take the whole protheses set with me, heading towards our classroom, where we should bring our finished projects to. As I arrive, no one is in the room. At the hallway, I see Edward, the teacher of the other initiation class, who turns at me as he sees me:" Oh, Hello Initiand, please bring your Project to Hannah, she's still working at the labs below at such early our. Good luck !" he turns and walks away. With the project I shouldn't take the stairs so I head to the lift. The glass doors open and I enter a slightly crowded cabin, where I catch the looks of most of the passengers or better, my cargo does. After a short drive, I exit as the doors open, walking towards the laboratory section ahead.
It takes a little time before I can spot Hannah through one of the big glass walls on both sides of the hallway. She's cleaning up a lab as I politely knock on the door. She opens and looks a little surprised, seeing me holding a robotic arm.
„Good Morning Hannah. Sora and I have finished our project. I'd like to hand it in.", I greet.
„Sure, is it a protheses ?", she asks
„It is, but it got additional functions."
Hannah marvels.
„Okay. So I'll take it and tomorrow your ratings will be published." She renters her lab and leaves me, standing in front of a closed door. I feel arkward so I take my time to explore this section of Erudite's Headquarters, continuing down the hallway.